MN WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus a follow-up question if appropriate, ie once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't be disappointed if your specific question doesn't get answered and do try not to keep posting "What about me?". 4. Do be civil/polite. See guidelines in full here.

Live webchat with Slummy Mummy columnist and author, Fiona Neill

(83 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 21-Jul-11 11:21:03

Fiona Neill is the creator of the Times Magazine Slummy Mummy column and author of international bestseller The Secret Life of a Slummy Mummy which was voted Mumsnet Best Light Read in 2011.

Fiona's latest book, What the Nanny Saw is out on 18th August and to mark the occasion,Fiona will also be joining us at MNHQ for a live webchat on the 18th August, where you'll get chance to tell her your thoughts on the book and to ask her questions.

What the Nanny Saw tells the story of penniless student Ali Sparrow, whose life changes overnight after answering an ad for a nanny. She is catapulted into the privileged and excessive world of London's financial elite, and is a witness to things she probably shouldn't see. When a scandal erupts that rocks the family's private life, is Ali principled enough to keep their secrets when the press come prowling for the inside scoop? Or will she dish the dirt on the family who never saw her as anything other than part of the scenery?

Don't forget to return to this thread to share your views on the book, and put 18th August in your diary to join our chat with Fiona Neill.

NerfHerder Thu 21-Jul-11 12:46:38

OOh! I used to love the Slummy Mummy column, in the days before the paywall <<cough>>

Welcome to MN Fiona (though I've a feeling it's not your first visit... wink

curtaincall Thu 21-Jul-11 13:25:21

Hi Fiona, How autobiographical is/was your column?

curtaincall Thu 21-Jul-11 13:26:28

Ah, think I've misunderstood and Fiona won't be here till August. Will ask again then !

aristocat Thu 21-Jul-11 13:37:14

ooh yes please smile

Purplebuns Thu 21-Jul-11 13:41:03

OOh emailled, I so hope I get a copy, I never have before though sad

Ooh I'd love one, have emailed, fingers crossed smile

RealityAlt0174 Thu 21-Jul-11 13:55:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tee2072 Thu 21-Jul-11 14:15:09

I've emailed! I love her column!

I'd love a copy!
I thought the Slummy Mummy book was great.

ElectricSoftParade Thu 21-Jul-11 18:05:46

I've emailed, hope we all get a copy!

supadebo Thu 21-Jul-11 20:17:21

Really hope I manage to get a copy smile

missorinoco Thu 21-Jul-11 21:39:52

Fingers crossed

I've emailed, hope I manage to get one too grin

tulipe Thu 21-Jul-11 22:18:33

love the title, wanna read it!

BartletForAmerica Fri 22-Jul-11 11:17:19

I've just emailed too - sounds good.

SexyDomesticatedDab Fri 22-Jul-11 11:22:49

Does she want to meet in a cafe for a brew - we can slag off chat about the other parents too.

SexyDomesticatedDab Fri 22-Jul-11 11:26:07

Just realised wil be in France on holiday for the web chat sad.

vogonmothership Fri 22-Jul-11 12:13:47

fingers crossed!

Fillybuster Fri 22-Jul-11 13:46:08

Have emailed...love the weekly column so this would be fab smile

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 22-Jul-11 23:31:30

We've just had word that all the copies have gone now - sorry if you missed out this time. If you receive a copy, please let us know what you think on this thread and don't forget to join Fiona at 1pm on publication day, Thursday 18th August. If you can't join us on that day, post your questions to Fiona on this thread.

missorinoco Sat 30-Jul-11 21:11:34

Has anyone received a copy yet?

My copy came through the post today. Nearly took the hinges off the letterbox - 'tis a huge great thing!

Now all I've got to do is to get the baby to allow me time to read it ...

missorinoco Mon 01-Aug-11 13:16:50

Still hope for me then.

Lcy Mon 01-Aug-11 14:51:29

Just got my copy grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now