MN WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus a follow-up question if appropriate, ie once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't be disappointed if your specific question doesn't get answered and do try not to keep posting "What about me?". 4. Do be civil/polite. See guidelines in full here.

Nick Clegg on Mumsnet this Thursday (16th Sept) evening between 8 and 9 pm

(696 Posts)
JustineMumsnet Belgium (MNHQ) Mon 13-Sep-10 12:41:10

We're delighted that the Deputy Prime Minister, Nick Clegg, will be joining us for a webchat this Thursday evening 8 and 9pm.

Next week the Deputy PM will be joining other world leaders, celebrities and business leaders who are gathering in New York for the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDG) Summit. He will be aiming for global action to reduce the shocking number of women who die during pregnancy and childbirth in the world's poorest countries.

Nick is happy to answer your questions on the UN summit as well as on his role as Deputy Prime Minster. Join us on Thursday evening or if you can't make it along then post your question (one each only please) here.

Thanks.

O
M
G

I try to pretend Cleggo doesn't exist these days.

it's easier for everyone

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 13-Sep-10 12:56:26

Christ, he is brave. Or monumentally blind to how he will be recieved by the majority of MNers.

Good luck, Nick. You will need it.

LadyBlaBlah Mon 13-Sep-10 13:02:23

O M G

withorwithoutyou Mon 13-Sep-10 13:03:24

<gets popcorn>

nowherewoman Mon 13-Sep-10 13:03:27

Just remind me....?

sethstarkaddersmum Mon 13-Sep-10 13:03:30

ooh, let's ask him what he thinks about Hooters!

StewieGriffinsMom Mon 13-Sep-10 13:09:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nearlytoolate Mon 13-Sep-10 13:11:09

HAsn't he got better things to do with his time? No, really??

LadyBlaBlah Mon 13-Sep-10 13:19:45

There is nothing more important than his own ego, nearly

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 13-Sep-10 13:20:26

I would like to ask where his loudly shouted opinions on tax avoiding billionaires were when the 'coalition' (pah) invited Sir Phillip Green (he of the Monaco-dominioned wife) to be their advisor.

In the bin with the rest of the LD opinions GoML

This webchat is going to go well. I can feel it....

Why is he coming on? I mean, does he have some reason to be upping his profile? Does he need to come on, or does he just fancy a bashing?

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 13-Sep-10 13:25:29

2nd question: Who do you think will be the next leader of the Liberal party, after you have deservedly lost Sheffield Hallam at the next election?

QUESTION:

5 years ago, is this where you saw yourself in 5 years? Is this what you wanted to achieve? Deputy PM - has it been worth it?

Spinaroo Mon 13-Sep-10 13:39:25

I really wish I could think of a great question but I am too shock.

That really takes some cojones- maybe we should give him credit for that?

I wonder if he will be following the thread until Thursday thinking, as many others have voiced OMG!!!!!!!!

Maybe the thread will have been pulled by then wink

Sorry Nick- that all sounds so bitchy but I used to quite like you.

Hassled Mon 13-Sep-10 13:39:40

I want to use words like "Sold", "Soul" and "Devil" but I won't.

Nick - are you wary of your reception at the LibDem conference? How are you going to deal with the apparently increasing number of disgruntled LibDem members who don't feel that the coalition government represents their views?

ISNT Mon 13-Sep-10 13:55:03

Blimey. Where to start...

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 13-Sep-10 13:57:40

PfftTheMagicDragon - see Justine's op - Nick is joining us specifically to talk about representing the UK at the forthcoming MDG summit and his aim for global action to reduce death in pregnancy and childbirth in the developing world. We're all for a lively debate but please don't forget our webchat guidelines to treat our guests as you would a guest at your own home.

weegiemum Argentina Mon 13-Sep-10 13:59:02

Dear Nick,

How can you look at yourself in the mirror in the morning?

Or do you have someone shave you nowadays?

<grumpy old cynical woman emoticon>

MrsDoofenshmirtz Mon 13-Sep-10 14:02:06

Is he still around ? I thought he had been locked away or something.

ShirleyKnot Mon 13-Sep-10 14:11:21

<teeth itching>

GAH _ Rachel, am clearly numpty!

I did read it....and then promptly forgot it!

However - I know that he is doing the summit, but what does he want? Is he after opinions? Politicians don't just come here for fun do they? They want something - publicity, opinions....

LadyBlaBlah Mon 13-Sep-10 14:17:10

Isn't it rather ironic that he is going all the way to New York to attend the MDG summit to discuss (in very grand surroundings) how to end poverty, when he himself is involved in policies that are going to put more people into poverty.

Its a funny old world.

3seater Mon 13-Sep-10 14:19:31

I think they want to get an idea of how strong a back lash they might get after 20th Oct.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now