Website for mixed race hair products

(24 Posts)
Tryharder Thu 04-Sep-08 00:02:29

Can anyone recommend a website where I can buy REASONABLY PRICED hair products for my mixed race children? I was using mixed chicks products but have decided that they're just too darn expensive for a 3yo!! Just need something to soften and tame very wild corkscrew type curls. Thanks. xx

MarsLady Thu 04-Sep-08 00:03:04

Where are you based?

MarsLady Thu 04-Sep-08 00:06:12
Tryharder Fri 05-Sep-08 00:28:58

Thanks for sending me the link Marslady. I am based in Harrogate - suppose I could go to Leeds to buy afro hair products but can't be bothered! I bought a lot of hair products specifically for mixed race kids from a website but I cannot remember it's name and i\ve nearly run out now. But it seems like a lot of people like body shop products - we've got a body shop in Harrogate so might go up tomorrow.

franch Sat 06-Sep-08 13:21:35

Hello mars, where are my photos then?

I use Beauty Rituals for Elasta QP products etc

MarsLady Sat 06-Sep-08 18:43:00

Sorry Franch! Will send them now.

franch Sun 07-Sep-08 11:18:12

Just sent you mine!

thornrose Sun 07-Sep-08 11:22:01

God I love mixed chicks products but very pricey, you know if you send a photo of your child and a testimonial you can get free products?
Twisted sista products (urban therapy) are quite good, from Superdrug.

franch Sun 07-Sep-08 14:43:56

Where do you get mixed chicks from thornrose?

MarsLady Sun 07-Sep-08 18:27:36

Where did you send it Franch because... it's lost in the ether! sob!!!!!

thornrose Sun 07-Sep-08 21:48:06

franch - they have their own website, mixedchicks.co.uk, the leave in conditioner is the best thing I've ever used on my dd's hair but it's £11.99 and I use a lot!

MarsLady Mon 08-Sep-08 07:58:14

www.mixedchicks.co.uk

Will give this a look. I have a gorgeous conditioner that I leave in my DCs hair but the one you're suggesting is cheaper so might be worth a go.

Franch... what gorgeous girls you have! So so beautiful!

thornrose Mon 08-Sep-08 17:25:51

franch - sorry to hijack but is the Elasta QP Recovery moisturiser good? It's so reasonably priced seems too good to be true (cynic that I am!)

franch Tue 09-Sep-08 09:30:06

It's fabulous IME - we buy 10 bottles at a time! Great detangler and leaves the DDs with shiny ringlets. I spray with a water/olive oil mix first, then apply an enormous blob before combing - beautiful

thornrose Tue 09-Sep-08 17:12:04

I ordered some last night before I got your reply, can't wait to try it!

Tryharder Thu 11-Sep-08 23:49:16

Just ordered a load of stuff of the Beauty Rituals website. Thanks for link. smile

thornrose Mon 22-Sep-08 22:52:52

Loving the Elasta QP stuff, I got the leave in conditioner and wash out conditioner, both are great and so cheap. You do need a lot but at that price you can be generous with it, thanks for tip franch!

OiOi Fri 12-Dec-08 23:13:25

Hi!

I came on here to ask a simular question, my daughter has really odd hair - it's thick, coarse and has the texture of the lovely thick ringlets but is poker straight at the front with a whole load of frizz and a few curls at the back, I've seen the mixed chicks stuff on youtube but it's way out of my price range so currently I'm de frizzing her with some Africa's Best Kids hair lotion that does work but she gets loads of build up on her hair which is a pain, I braid her hair but it only lasts a day - when she wakes up in the morning the plaits are still in but with a whole load of frizzy's added!

Any suggestions?

X J

seapig Mon 09-Feb-09 10:45:39

Can I recommend Lorraine Massey's book called Curly Girl? It looks at the hair care needs of differnt curly girls including mixed heritage. It also contains lots of recipes for home made hair care that really work. Since reading the book I no longer shampoo my hair but cleanse it with conditioner once a week. I use water and bicarb to remove product build up and rinse every day with water and apple cider vinegar. My hair has never been in such good condition. Please read this book!!!

patos Wed 18-Mar-09 14:27:10

Hi, i have two mixed race girls too.I have been using Q's for kids.It is absolutly wonderful and works miracles.Go to www.adorablecurls.co.uk.

Delilah123 Mon 02-Jan-12 20:36:01
ButteryBiscuitBase Tue 01-May-12 14:09:10

Hi guys! Loving this thread, my dd is mixed race and we have lots of experimenting with products! I'm definately going to try some of the websites. I was using lots of dark and lovely for kids detangling spray but my MIL told me to stop as the chemicals dry hair out more apparently. She gave me some olive oil shampoo and leave in mask and some kerracare oil which is working well.

I found a good product for mixed race hair but can't remember the name! I think it was named after the lady who created it, Talia maybe?

I find lots of products too heavy for dds hair and find it looks great for a couple of hours but then dries out again.

blendkids Sun 27-Apr-14 16:24:54

Good to see all these comments. I have started a blog dedicated to just this at www.aidanandellie.com.
Hopefully, we can all share information on how best to look after our mixed race kids curly hair....
so far, the response to the blog has been overwhelming.
I would like to hear and share with mum that have mixed race children.

Corawest Thu 18-Sep-14 07:52:15

Online shopping from the stores like Amazon would be the best option as here you will get huge variety in brand and types. If you extensions you can check out Indian hair store.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now