Of Mice and Maltesers: Round 6 Chat thread

(44 Posts)
Stickylittlefingers Fri 05-Jul-13 12:12:49

Back by popular demand.... smile

Thank you!

Stupid question, but will we be sending off these books we have received at the beg of August or will we have the summer holidays to read them in?

Stickylittlefingers Fri 05-Jul-13 16:07:02

well nothing's set in stone, but I had assumed we would just do the first of the month posting as per usual. Is that going to be problematic?

aristocat Sat 06-Jul-13 17:57:03

smile Just checking in

Dysgu Sat 06-Jul-13 20:50:18

Lola thanks the book and chocolate arrived yesterday and I picked it up from the sorting office this morning. I tore open a corner and then let the DDs finish opening it and the first thing they said was, "Let's see what chocolate we've got."

We shared it - well, was sunny so we had to eat it quickly as we were off out for the day and could hardly leave it in the car grin

LolaLadybird Sun 07-Jul-13 22:45:09

Thank you for starting new thread Sticky (I hadn't intended to delegate but realise I suggested it and then just wondered off for a bit, wish the power of suggestion worked that well at home grin).

I am happy to do next posting on 1st August as we don't go away until after that.

Dysgu - glad the choc got enjoyed before it melted, I think posting choc is slightly problematic in this weather!

Dysgu Sun 07-Jul-13 22:47:59

I am also happy to post for the start of next month - although may be early as we are going away on July 25th (but only to Scotland so will post from there if I haven't finished the book before we go).

Am enjoying it so far LLB and am about 100 pages in.

No problem. 1st August it is.

LolaLadybird Tue 09-Jul-13 17:59:32

Glad its going well so far Dysgu - I've started a thread for it while I've remembered.

aristocat Tue 09-Jul-13 23:26:29

have done a thread for mine too smile

Stickylittlefingers Sat 13-Jul-13 11:14:05

have done a thread for mine, since you're all being so good!

Stickylittlefingers Tue 30-Jul-13 21:28:49

sent off to itsjusta today (am on holiday so did it while I could!) - don't forget we're nearly at the end of the month.

Hope you're all well x

aristocat Wed 31-Jul-13 11:20:59

Has anyone had their book returned from the last round? Mine hasn't turned up yet sad

aristocat Wed 31-Jul-13 11:25:11

Itsjust book and chocolate arrived today, thank you

LolaLadybird Fri 02-Aug-13 10:34:25

Dysgu - posted to you yesterday so hopefully with you by the weekend.

Aristo -I haven't had my book back from last round.

Stickylittlefingers Fri 02-Aug-13 19:22:50

am chasing the books, don't worry

Dysgu Tue 06-Aug-13 19:09:25

Sorry I have not posted the book to you yet SLF - we are on holiday in the middle of nowhere in Scotland; the kind of place you drive through the middle of nowhere and pass by the back of beyond and then you will find us up a mountain with deer grazing in the garden. It is lovely but we have struggled to find a post office... the 'local' one closed down last year.

However, we did manage to drive to Perth today to buy an envelope as that was something not stocked by the local shop and tomorrow we are leaving and heading back to civilization although it will take us until Saturday to actually make it home to the other end of the country!

I will post asap (we are staying in 'your' local travelodge tomorrow night so you might find that I resort to getting DP to push it through your letterbox!).

LLB looking forward to getting home to find out what the next book is; I will probably have to go to the sorting office to get it unless our house swappers were home when it was delivered...

Must post in the discussion thread...

Stickylittlefingers Thu 08-Aug-13 14:10:40

Dysgu will pm you....

aristocat Tue 20-Aug-13 20:43:31

arti I have posted Septembers book today ..... I have finished reading so you can have the extra few days to enjoy it smile

WannabeFayeMouse Mon 02-Sep-13 12:16:58

hello! 1st of the month yesterday, are the books flying around the country?

Hope you've got yours by now itsjusta, like aristo I finished early! I unexpectedly really enjoyed it, it was a great example of how this book swap takes me out of my comfort zone and all to the good smile

WannabeFayeMouse Mon 02-Sep-13 12:17:22

oh yes I changed my name for a bit, it's still SLF!!

Received the book and choc - thanks!

I posted to Aristo today.

aristocat Tue 03-Sep-13 21:00:25

Book (and choc) received thank you smile Both DCs back at school now so hopefully some reading time coming my way!

WannabeFayeMouse Wed 04-Sep-13 16:03:10

hoorah, mine too aristo I have most of the day swimming in celebration! Tomorrow must get back to it smile

LolaLadybird Wed 04-Sep-13 23:31:24

Dysgu - I posted to you on Monday so hopefully you have it by now.

Not received anything yet but having a blonde moment and can't remember who posts to me now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now