Fur Quits round 4 Chat and updates thread

(220 Posts)
Jas Tue 26-Jun-12 17:37:59

Final posting list for the new group,

Please say if you haven't got a posting address yet (and pm the person below you on the list if you still need to pass your address on)

Jas
BumGrapesofWrath
Cersei
Pascha
Housewifefromheaven
Rhinestonecowgirl
Sastra
Ragwort
Itsatiggerday
LightShines
mumofjust1
headintheclouds
simpson
NoKnownAllergies

Can any seasoned book club member advise me.Ive still not received the August book from Mumofjust1. I've PMd her twice and not got a reply ( she is around and posting on other threads) .Am I being unreasonable and impatient to expect the August book in August?
Do I assume that Mumofjust1 has had enough after 1 month.Can you please let me know what you want to do Mumofjust1 because I can't engage with the book circle if you don't engage,and Simpson won't therefore get the next book from me either.sorry if this sounds bolshy but I want to be in the book circle!

Housewifefromheaven Thu 23-Aug-12 12:30:35

I've the same problem. Ive pmd rhinestone and not received a reply. Nor has a thread been started with my book sad

I have forwarded pashas book to her.

It's quite stressy tbh!

mumofjust1 Thu 23-Aug-12 14:33:35

Headintheclouds - I am so sorry!

I can't see pm's using the iPhone app!

I will get the August book posted to you tomorrow - book club has gone right out of my head - I'm really sorry sad

No worries mumofjust1, thanks for getting back to me. Simpson I might have to send this on to you a bit later than 1st Sept,but you're a fast reader aren't yougrin

Jas Thu 23-Aug-12 21:01:27

Headintheclouds and mumofjust1....glad things are all sorted. I was sure I had replied yesterday on here but it hasn't posted. Most of what I said still stands though and would apply to housewifefromheaven.

If we know a poster isn't sending on books, don't send the next one until we have had some kind of contact please. Generally real life gets in the way and things all work out, but occasionally posters do drop out without letting us know.

I didn't know mobile phone mumsnetting made pms difficult....my only other suggestion would be old fasioned stalking! (Posting on the most recent thread they are on so it shows on their threads I'm on) But I am not keen to do this as usually people get their new book and that is a reminder to send.

mumofjust1 Thu 23-Aug-12 21:57:43

Apologies once again headintheclouds blush

I have just realized that I have 2 books - do I send both to headintheclouds?

Lightshines Thu 23-Aug-12 22:47:22

Has anyone actually received/read my book?

Its TBOV by SD and there is still no thread for it sad

Lightshines,I'm guessing that your book is the August one that Mumofjust1 is about to send to me
Mumofjust1, yes you do send them both to me,but one of them is the one you should have sent in August,and the second one will be the Sept one if that is making sense( I received your book in July and sent it on to Simpson on 1 Aug.)
You are then meant to start the discussion thread for the first book that you received in July,which should have been Lightshines book.

Lightshines Tue 28-Aug-12 17:50:29

I have posted Ragowrts book on to MumOfJustOne today.

Hello Mumofjust1,
Did you send the book last week as its still not arrived with me?

Hi, I have just joined mumsnet and love the sound of the book club. Is it possible to get involved and if so (fingers crossed) what do I need to do to start.

jas I've PMd you re : the fact that I still don't have a book from mumofjust1 .
Hope you can help. And sorry to simpson as you wont be getting a book ffrom me as I haven't received a book to send on to you!

Jas Thu 30-Aug-12 23:18:28

notanothergreyhair - the book circles work with a group of 12 members posting books once a month, so you need to look out for (or start) a thread for a new group, as this one is already a couple of months in and can't take new members part way through. Sorry.

headintheclouds Also sorry there isn't much I can do, as unless and until mumofjust1 posts on to you there will be an increasing number of us with no book. sad

mumofjust1 I will try and find you on another thread as I believe you can't see pms on your phone. If you want to drop out, we can work round it, but please don't leave us all in limbo. Please post on here to let us know what you want to do, or pm me, headintheclouds or lightshines if you are not able to commit to posting regularly.

Housewifefromheaven Thu 30-Aug-12 23:27:18

rhinestone rhinestone wherefore art thou rhinestone grin

housewifefromheaven have you still not received an August book either? Isn't it frustrating? If we receive a book tomorrow we'll have about a week to read and pass on fast.

Housewifefromheaven Fri 31-Aug-12 15:55:06

Oh it's stressy eh head grin

I haven't had a thread about my book yet, and have had no replies about whether paschas book i sent has been received. I guess then if i receive another book, I will just post to the next person on the list and miss rhinestone out?

housewifeI'm not stressed just annoyed. I know real life can get in the way,but people only have to keep each other informed don't they? Also it's only been a month into the circle starting and personally I think if you can't commit ,then get out! I'm still waiting for a reply or some glimmer of what's happening with mumofjust1. I really think if I don't hear anything soon ,thenlightshines should miss out mumofjust1 and send the next book to me ,and you should do the same regardingrhinestone if everyone else agrees.

mumofjust1 Fri 31-Aug-12 18:39:15

Headintheclouds - both books sent.

mumofjust1 Fri 31-Aug-12 18:41:54

Lightshines - thank you for the October book smile

In future though please send straight to headintheclouds - will take her advice and "get out" of book club.

Headintheclouds - will send October book straight to you. 3 books in a months should keep you busy eh?

Jas Fri 31-Aug-12 21:07:05

Mumofjust1 - thanks for getting back to us. Sorry you've struggled to keep up, maybe you'll rejoin another year when things are easier for you.

Housewife - wait until we hear from either rhinestone or sasha, as she may be better at posting the book than starting the thread. I know last years circle had a couple of members who rarely commented on the threads but did read and pass on the books. If sasha is not getting her books either then hopefully she will come back and let us know before you have another one to send on...

My next one will (hopefully) go off tomorrow morning.

mumofjust1 Fri 31-Aug-12 21:07:44

Thanks Jas - sorry I've mucked things up sad

mumofjust1 , thankyou .

Lightshines Sat 01-Sep-12 10:57:10

Jeez! This is meant to be fun! grin

Jas - could notanothergreyhair take someone's place for the rest of this year? We are only a couple of months in, after all.

Headintheclouds - please PM me your postal address so I can send you the October book when I have read it this month. I think TRH by RT is actually the September book?

Jas Sat 01-Sep-12 13:21:30

Yes - she probably could, but I never intended to be "organising " this time round.... that is why I asked everyone to arrange addresses themselves rather than me keeping a list and trying to keep track of every book and every member.

Post office queue was too long this morning, so I have given up, and will send my book on Tuesday once the kids are back at school.

I received 2 books today, Lightshines book and itsatiggersday . I will read Lightshines very quickly and pass it on to you simpson

* lightshines* I've started the discussion thread for your book and I'll pm you my address .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now