Our "lovely" book swap is now closed again and off we go for 2011.

(490 Posts)

Just setting us up.

Are you thinking of your books that you might be putting in? I will have a look and post mine within the next few days. - I will try harder than my awful one from last time, that none of you liked. blush

aliciaflorrick Fri 02-Mar-12 07:32:34

TONIGHT, HERE, 8.30.

We will be discussing:-

The Sealed Letter
New York
Bloodstream

I don't know why I've typed this, this thread has fallen off all your threads I'm on so you won't see it.

Has anyone started I am Legend? It's brilliant. Can't believe I've avoided it for years because I watched the film and thought it was OK but nothing special. The book is so much better than the film.

Marking spot. See you later! grin

aliciaflorrick Fri 02-Mar-12 16:51:47

I've created a thread off the beaten track for our convo. It should be here.

First chat of the year

aliciaflorrick Wed 21-Mar-12 07:34:21

BOOK FOR APRIL - The Crying Tree - downloadable from Amazon for £3.99.

Is everyone around at the end of the month for a chat about I Am Legend?

jamaisjedors Wed 21-Mar-12 07:39:50

Hello hello, just popping in to wave at everyone. I didn't get a kindle and am not going to yet, but when I do I'll be back to join you all.

I still have a couple of books belonging to people too - Brian Keenan, and Attention all Shipping. Can the owners pm me so I can return them?

Hope you are all ok.
love

aliciaflorrick Wed 21-Mar-12 13:22:32

Hi JJ I was thinking about you earlier, maybe you'd like to join us for April's book we're all buying it from Amazon this month and the paperback version is only £3.49 it's The Crying Tree by Naseem Rakha, and then maybe for May you could choose a paperback book that you've got that you'd like to read and we'll all try and get a copy of it and join in.

I'm the owner of the Brian Keenan book by the way.

jamaisjedors Wed 21-Mar-12 13:33:48

Hi alicia, will send the book back to you then. I'll see if I can get hold of that book - although the reviews say it's similar to Jodi Picoult who I have a bit of a mental block about!

Thanks for thinking of me.

Is there a link to the choice of free kindle books that you are all using? Because I could choose one I fancy from there and get it and read it.

I'll be interested to hear what you all have to say about The crying tree.

aliciaflorrick Wed 21-Mar-12 16:17:03

Well I've actually started The Crying Tree and until you mentioned the Jodi Picoult thing it hadn't occurred to me, although I suppose now I think about it, it could be a subject matter she would choose. I haven't found this to be as cringeworthy sentimental as Picoult but I'm only about a quarter of the way through.

If you can get a copy of this month's book, I Am Legend it's a great read, I think we're all enjoying it.

If you PM me with an email address I'll send you a link for our list of books - although sometimes if you suggest a book that isn't on the list I can sometimes find it - particularly if it's a "more popular" book.

aliciaflorrick Thu 22-Mar-12 19:44:23

Is everyone available on Friday 30th March for the chat about I Am Legend or do you prefer to wait until after the school holidays?

aliciaflorrick Mon 26-Mar-12 13:19:37

I Am Legend chat 8.30 Friday 30th November. I'll start a thread on the day.

aliciaflorrick Fri 30-Mar-12 16:24:14

Web chat here http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/off_the_beaten_track/1439840-Lovely-mums-I-Am-Legend-Chat

tonight at 8.30.

aliciaflorrick Fri 30-Mar-12 16:24:49
aliciaflorrick Tue 24-Apr-12 11:23:20

JJ I got round to emailing you the other day so hopefully you'll be able to choose a book from the list and jump back in with us.

I propose we get together on Friday 5th May at 8.30 for the discussion about The Crying Tree - does everyone agree?

We need a book for May, so all suggestions gratefully received, otherwise I'll make you all read The Hobbit (which I love but I think it's a bit of a marmite book).

PA are you still around? We haven't heard from you in a while.

aliciaflorrick Tue 24-Apr-12 12:29:38

Sorry I meant Friday 4th May (but was serious about The Hobbit grin).

aliciaflorrick Fri 04-May-12 15:57:50

OK thread created in OTBT - 8.30 tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now