Our "lovely" book swap is now closed again and off we go for 2011.

(490 Posts)

Just setting us up.

Are you thinking of your books that you might be putting in? I will have a look and post mine within the next few days. - I will try harder than my awful one from last time, that none of you liked. blush

jamaisjedors Sun 02-Jan-11 17:37:39

Hi, I have read The Help (great book!).

Have also read the lovely bones, Sushi for beginners

loler Sun 02-Jan-11 17:49:41

Meant to add that Chick - your books get here fine, thank you

loler Sun 02-Jan-11 17:51:21

drat - the help was the one I wanted to send....will end up sending the only book no-one has read again! Will go and search my shelves for an obscure replacement

OK So if people have read all or most, do we put more up? - I have hundreds of books here (DH thinks he lives in a library) so its not a problem

loler Sun 02-Jan-11 18:00:05

If you have more that you can add to your list (so that you get 3 that no-one has read) please do. I don't seem to have many books - guess it's because for the last year I've been regularly getting a new one through my letter box.

My 3 books may end up having various dc books added (currenly enjoying MR Stink by David Walliams - is better than the predictible Hunrgy caterpillar!)

Oh yes, this is the really annoying bit!! I got that dreaded feeling when I clicked on the thread and oh b*******er you've read 2 of mine!! If anyone comes along and says they have read the 3rd one I will scream go to the charity shop!!! grin

The ones I have read, others have already said they have read, so nothing to add or change for anyone else.

Ok I'm going to replace the two that people have read.

So my new 3 are

Dorothy Koomson - Marshmallows for breakfast
Diane Chamberlain - The Bay at Midnight
Rosamund Lupton - Sister (may be rubbish I'm currently reading this)

Its just taken me ages to find the Diane Chamberlain one so please don't have read it

missy10 Sun 02-Jan-11 19:00:02

i have read the jodie picoult ones sorry but here are my 3
1 plain truth -jodie picoult
2 small island - andrea levy
3 just a family affair - veronica henry

ChickFlit Sun 02-Jan-11 19:07:59

It all comes flooding back what a nightmare this stage is.

MD I've not read any of yours.

PA Dorothy Koomson is the only one of yours I haven't read.

Loler haven't read any of yours but want to read The Help.

Making Changes and PA you've both put up the Dorothy Koomson book so need to make sure only one of you send it.

MC haven't read any of your books.

Missy I've read Plain Truth and Small Island.

It gets really complicated doesn't it when there's more of us.

Chickflit

These are PAs

Marian Keyes - Sushi for Beginners
Christopher Ransom - The Birthing House
Kate Furnivall - The Russian Concubine

And these are mine

Dorothy Koomson - Marshmallows for breakfast
Diane Chamberlain - The Bay at Midnight
Rosamund Lupton - Sister (may be rubbish I'm currently reading this)

I think there was some confusion cos I reposted a new list cos most of mine had been read. PA didn't post Dorothy Koomson - But I'm confused as to whether you've read all mine or all PA's

(I'm sorry)

Missy10 I think I've read the Plain Truth (Jodi Picoult Addict)

missy10 Sun 02-Jan-11 19:30:56

ok 2 new ones then
the piano teacher -janice y.k. lee
the secret shoppers revenge- kate harrison

Bloody Hell, cant we just miss this bit!!! I am confused totally!!

Missy I have read Small Island
Making Changes I have just finished reading Sister - I thought it was really good!!

Right here are another couple to add to my one remaining one - (Kate furnivall The Russian Concubine.)
Sharon Griffiths - The Accidental Time Traveller
Pam Jenoff - Kommandant's Girl (But, I think this was one of my choices last time and some of you had read it, but not too sure, so worth a go!!)

Don't worry everyone, it does get better I promise!! grin

missy10 Sun 02-Jan-11 19:53:10

im confusec as well pa lol here are my 3 books again
veronica henry - marrage and other games
janice y.k. lee - the piano teacher
kate harrison - the secret shoppers revenge

mdavza Sun 02-Jan-11 19:54:16

I actually enjoy this! I admit, at one stage I seriously considered becoming a librarian.

I've read The Lovely Bones, and Small Island, sorry makingchanges and missy10

So my latest three are:

Dance with a Poor Man's Daughter - Pamela Jooste
Relentless - Simon Kernick
The Tenderness of Wolves - Stef Penney

It's making me realise how many thousands of books are out there that I haven't read yet. So many books, so little time....And I certainly tend to stick to certain 'types' of books (currently devouring any Scandinavian whodunnit) so it's great to get introduced to different things. Bought my DH a Kindle for his birthday which I've sort of taken over.

HC1 Sun 02-Jan-11 19:56:55

Hi I think I said earlier that I wanted to be in again but just marking my place in case. Sorry for slow delay as computer has been down.

Happy new year everyone.

HC1 Sun 02-Jan-11 20:03:03

Just checked people's books I have read

Small Island
Marshmallows for breakfast
The Piano Teacher
Sushi for beginners

Will now go and look at bookshelves to see books that I can send - don't think there will be many.

Have just finshed the one that came after the girl with the dragon tattoo - it was fab.

I I still have one from the last round to post on - it is PA's book.

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Sun 02-Jan-11 20:06:30

Think one of mine is still going round, but can remember the name blush

HC1 Sun 02-Jan-11 20:06:38

Okay my three books are

Prep - Curtis Sittenfield
The Lost symbol - Dan Brown
The memory keeper's daughter - kim Edwards

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Sun 02-Jan-11 20:07:45

Sorry have read all dan browns

HC1 - Save the postage, dont bother posting it back to me. I had assumed you were in, so dont worry, you have been counted! smile
Don't leave it too long before reading the third Steig Larsson, its brilliant, but follows on from the second, so don't lose the thread.

HC1 Sun 02-Jan-11 20:13:19

Thanks PA - am so glad to hear you are feeling better. You sound just like your old self. I need to send your book to Major. Have just read the last thread which I have missed so feel like I have caught up.

Am going to start the third Steig Larsson tonight - can't wait.

Major - the book will be in the post to you by the middle of the week.

No worries Loler hope you are feeling better. Looking forward to receiving the book sounds good.

LBADG, your book from last time was the one about the teenager dying, I think. Cant remember the name though, but it may jog someone's memory. smile

Thanks HC1, I was feeling better and I am back to work this week, first time for 2 months! Although trying to work this lot out could set me back a few weeks! grin

ChickFlit Sun 02-Jan-11 20:19:43

Sorry HC1 have read The Memory keeper's Daughter and The Lost Symbol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now