Whether to wait and have a natural miscarriage or straight to surgery

(26 Posts)
upto11 Wed 19-Sep-12 11:38:06

Sadly I found out today that my pregnancy is not viable. The embryo was about 8 weeks and had no heartbeat. Now I need to decide whether to let nature takes its course, or whether to go in for surgery (the managed miscarriage is not an option for me for various reasons) and I was wondering whether anyone has any advice.

Part of me just wants to get it over and done with. I have two DC and being more in control about when it was going to happen would be helpful in that sense too.

But part of me thinks natural is better, no intrusive procedures etc.

I very much hope to be able to get pregant again in the future - does anyone know whether the surgical option would be a risk to future pregnancies in any way?

Thank you.

EdwardtheEagle Fri 05-Oct-12 08:17:49

Sorry for what you're going through.

I had a medical after a mmc and the pills didn't even work after a really really grim week. I had to go to hospital anyway for a d&c. It was fine (iykwim) and I wished I'd done that in the first place. I got pregnant two months later and DD is perfect!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now