Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Period pain for a week but no period, is this a menopause thing?

(3 Posts)

I've had crampy, stomach achey pains for over a week now. Started a couple of days before my period was due so just assumed I was a bit earlier this month, I'm not totally regular anyway. But no sign of period, this has lasted over a week now. Yesterday pain was so bad I took painkillers and assumed period would start overnight, but again it hasn't. I'm 45 so guess the menopause isn't far away, but don't really know what to expect. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

bumhead Fri 19-Apr-13 18:15:56

Have you done a pregnancy test?
It might be nothing like that but I had this when I was newly pg with my DD

Belltree Sat 27-Apr-13 19:28:57

Yes - I've had that quite a few times. Sometimes I think it's connected to ovarian cysts I've had which have never been big enough to treat. But generally it seems it just comes down to increasing hormonal weirdness with age! I'm 45 and I've been having odd cycles since I was 40. Hope it's feeling better now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now