When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

Gunwharf Meet

(253 Posts)
Tortington Wed 04-Jan-12 13:30:33

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/1375413-I-need-some-friends?msgid=29297467#29297467

following on from this thread

who's up for a meet in early February with out kids? you have plenty of time to get baby sitters.

we could do frankie & Bennies and then all bar one beore staggering to station.

1pm Saturday 11th Feb Venue to be confirmed

Get0rf Wed 04-Jan-12 20:44:23

Oh I forgot all aboit the badge - I am sorry ruby, you had to pay for that as well.

I will PM you and please can you PM back paybal info so I can pay you for it 2 months late blush

Portsmouth is a bit far from here, the trains are a pig from here and it is a faff of a drive (my brother used to go to university at Southampton).

MrsSnaplegs Wed 04-Jan-12 20:48:41

Oh bugger do I need facial hairgrin
Ok can do Winchester as well or Southampton but will need to come on train as opposed to ferrygrin
Any weekend in Feb except 18th as it is my 'd'm birthday

rubyrubyruby Wed 04-Jan-12 20:53:19

Don't worry about the money! It was only a quid or two and so many people wouldn't take their odd bits of change I got a drink out of it didn't lose out.

beachyhead Wed 04-Jan-12 21:00:40

4th would be good for me, 11th ok, but 4th betterwink how exciting. Haven't been to a meet up for about 6 yearsgrin

Tortington Wed 04-Jan-12 23:03:19

crikey this has got interest!

awesome

hows the 25th of February for everyone?

im getting a train - it isn't local to me so anyone going back worthing way can carry me keep me company.

Tortington Wed 04-Jan-12 23:04:40

or 4th seems popular

PurplePidjInAPearTree Wed 04-Jan-12 23:06:41

I'll be at work til half two on the 25th and it's a couple of hours by train despite only being about 10 miles. Bloody Southampton water gets in the way grr!

Tortington Wed 04-Jan-12 23:09:05

right then read all the thread i have decided

************4th February*****1pm**frankie and benny's****

custardo
RatherBeOnThePiste ( cant you get the train>)
mrssnaplegs (invite any mnetter you want)
beachyhead

Tortington Wed 04-Jan-12 23:10:13

dont forget you might be able to share a room or get a good deal on a travel lodge or something?

Blimey where have you all come from?

I can try to bribe to get my mum to have DS. I am very near (10 minutes car or train!). I will also try and get LM1 and other locals involved. Have you posted in Portsmouth local board?

Tortington Wed 04-Jan-12 23:13:59

no - good idea though - tell em if you want

Bugger. I'm on my course on the 4th.

Have a good time and put me down for the next one.

PurplePidjInAPearTree Thu 05-Jan-12 08:20:54

I'm in. Let me know if I need to drive and pick anyone up on the way

Bunch Thu 05-Jan-12 08:59:31

I can probably make that, can I come?

Tortington Thu 05-Jan-12 09:29:57

**********4th February*****1pm**frankie and benny's**

custardo
beachyhead
purple
bunch

TheRhubarb Thu 05-Jan-12 09:47:28

Not far from me this but we'll be away, soz. It'll be wet and windy in Feb though!

TheRhubarb Thu 05-Jan-12 09:48:20

Actually, no you've changed the date so I won't be away, but it's a little too close to a certain other date and I may have plans (or may not) for that date.

largeginandtonic Thu 05-Jan-12 10:58:34

Bloody hell i want to come. I can organise the other 7 the smallest bf one will only be 6 weeks. He would have to come.

MABS Thu 05-Jan-12 15:48:39

dd's 17th birthday 4 Feb, you all have fun and I will look forward to hearing

Laura2403 Thu 05-Jan-12 17:10:37

Will have extremely young baby at that point but will def be up for next meet up as i am new to site and about to have first baby! :-)

Grockle Thu 05-Jan-12 18:13:49

Me please (my sister does want to spend quality time with her nephew grin) but I think I'll be driving. Will see.

I'll be driving if I can go too.

Mum has DS the night Fri, need her to have him 27th for night as well. May need to build up for 4th Feb on top!

my selfish Dsis has had a baby so I have to share babysitter now! wink
He's gorgeous though grin

Tortington Thu 05-Jan-12 19:42:18

yay

add you name to the list if you can come

huzzah

Flossie69 Thu 05-Jan-12 20:59:41

Blimey this has moved quickly - Custy, well done. After suggesting the meet-up on the last thread, I thought I would come back on and see about starting a new thread, but you beat me to it.

I would obviously love to come, but not sure if I can on that date yet - my father's 90th birthday is on the 1st of Feb, and we haven't yet decided whether we are celebrating on the weekend before or after. Will put my name down as soon as I can.

Grockle Thu 05-Jan-12 21:01:21

********4th February*****1pm**frankie and benny's**

custardo
beachyhead
purple
bunch
Grockle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now