When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Sydenham, Forest Hill, Crystal Palace and Dulwich

(239 Posts)
smiling Fri 04-Nov-05 12:05:34

I'm a new mum with a 7 week old DS. I'm used to working in Central London in quite a stressful job and so am all new to this SAHM stuff. Wondered if there were any other mums in the area who would like to meet up?

Amber007 Tue 12-Feb-13 00:38:48

Hi mums, I am living in Sydenham too, I've got 2 boys, 4 years old and 8 months. I would be happy to meet up!!!!

kukimom Mon 11-Feb-13 14:58:31

hey Erin2010
i have a 10+ month old
would love to catch up over..we r in sydenham,

any other mums interested atall?

Erin2010 Sat 09-Feb-13 16:59:17

Hello I am 33 and have a 3 month old little boy. First baby and loving being a mummy but worked full time in fashion and arts for years so finding the change in lifestyle a bit bewildering. Really keen to meet new mums in CP. There doesn't seem to be much out around the triangle for new mums (unless I'm missing a trick) so if you are keen to get together message me.

kukimom Thu 07-Feb-13 10:32:10

hey mommies out there! pls help! need advise for babygroups/activities for 10month + baby! also, if any mommies & babies would like to meet up for juice/coffee smile live on LPG, sydenham, thanks smile x

kukimom Tue 05-Feb-13 17:48:43

Hi there I have 10mth old baby & am looking for advise/tips for baby groups in the area? live in sydenham. also, if any mommies & babies with similar age groups are interested to meet up would love that too smile

motherinferior Fri 06-Oct-06 16:41:52

Don't know all that much about it, Kangamummy: I assume boys go on to the same as the other Lewisham boys' options like Forest Hill Boys, which is a pretty good school by all accounts.

I'm sorry but I don't know much about baby groups in the area. There are a few, I know: try the church on Perry Hill?

hannah1984uk Thu 05-Oct-06 18:27:02

Hi motherinferior. Thanx for your message. Do you know any mother and baby groups in the area? Or other places to meet mums?

hannah1984uk Thu 05-Oct-06 18:27:01

Hi motherinferior. Thanx for your message. Do you know any mother and baby groups in the area? Or other places to meet mums?

RTKangaMummy Thu 05-Oct-06 15:39:57

Is it a good school???

Where do boys tend to go on to from there?

Which senior school?

motherinferior Thu 05-Oct-06 15:21:10

Yes I am from Catford and yes I know Gordonbrock.

RTKangaMummy Thu 05-Oct-06 15:16:25

Does anyone know Gordonbrock School????????

hannah1984uk Thu 05-Oct-06 15:01:24

Hi,

Is there anyone here in the Catford area? I moved to Catford just before I had my 17 week old so don't know anyone around here. I don't drive so not that easy for me to get around but would be great to meet up with people. Does anyne know of any mum/baby groups?

Hannah

6hrslabour Sun 01-Oct-06 17:27:07

does anyone know any in Dulwich area? mum baby groups??

emismum Fri 29-Sep-06 21:48:31

Milkmaid, I must appologise for not turning up after all the chat in August. My car has let us down big time and we have been stranded in Beckenham since mid August while it goes back and forth to the garage. I still live in hope that the problem will soon be sorted and we will be mobile again.

emismum Fri 29-Sep-06 21:42:20

Hi Booboobunny, there's a very good NCT mums, babies and toddlers group on Mondays, 10am to 11.30am at the methodist church hall on Bevington road (no religious connections). No need to be an NCT member to come along, I'm not and we've been going every week for the past few months (excluding the summer closure). Its very well structured with a lovely and friendly soft play corner for the 0-6 months old babies. Entry is £1.00 until they are 1 yr old then it goes up to £1.30 !! See you there maybe.

booboobunny Wed 27-Sep-06 18:39:22

hi,
i am in beckenham with a 3 month old bundle of joy. i am feeling a bit abandoned after the initial post-birth rush of friends. any chance i could butt in on your little party??

Twirl Tue 26-Sep-06 22:12:57

Hi 6hourslabour. There are parent/baby/toddler sessions at Dulwich library on a Thursday morning and afternoon; an NCT bumps and babes coffee morning on a Friday 9.30 at St Faiths Church, Red Post Hill; and if you get in touch with the NCT they will put you in touch with a 'tea group' of other mums and babies of a similar age. Hope this helps! I have metup with Milkmaid and Pumpkinpie from this thread so perhaps we can have coffee again soon and you can join us? We all have 3/4 month olds too.

6hrslabour Tue 26-Sep-06 18:04:43

hi I LIVE IN DULWICH ARE THERE ANY MUM BABY GROUPS OTHER THAN THE ONE ON TOWNLEY ROAD IVE GOT A 4MNTH OLD (GOSH SHES GROWING FAST!!!LOL)
EMAIL ME IF YOU CAN THANKS

DelphRB Wed 06-Sep-06 22:51:16

Hi - Any mums who have children in Goodrich School interested in sharing pick ups @ 3:30pm ? Any nanny share or childminders suggestion ? Any ideas welcome... Thanks - Delphine (delphine_remy-boutang@uk.ibm.com)

DelphRB Wed 06-Sep-06 22:49:22

Hi - Any mums who have children in Goodrich School interested in sharing pick ups @ 3:30pm ? Any nanny share or childminders suggestion ? Any ideas welcome... Thanks - Delphine

Twirl Mon 28-Aug-06 21:36:45

Are we still on for tomorrow? I will be at the Horniman cafe at 11.30 but won't make it to the library.

emismum Sun 27-Aug-06 08:36:55

Hi all. Still hoping to make the singalong on 29th, but may have to settle for just coffee at Horniman, as my dd's breakfast time is getting later and later and we're coming from Beckenham. Suz.

milkmaid1510 Thu 24-Aug-06 18:30:22

bump - just in case there are others out there...

PumpkinPi Mon 21-Aug-06 19:05:14

Thanks Milkmaid. I know where the swimming pool is, so I'll able to find it. I'll try to pop along tomorrow.hopefully see you then.

milkmaid1510 Mon 21-Aug-06 17:30:22

hi pumpkinpi -

the library is on Dartmouth Road...

coming down the hill on London Road (as i assume you are coming from that direction if you live close to the horniman museum,)turn right at Barclays bank.

stay on that side of the road and keep walking until you see no more shops - the last one is the organic food store Provender. keep walking about 30 yards or so - you will pass the closed down swimming pools. the library is just beyond there on the corner of Dartmouth Road and Thorpewood Ave.

to get into the children's section with your pram/stroller, turn the corner and go through the back entrance - ring the bell. =)

i'll be there tomorrow 22nd aug if anyone can make it. otherwise, see you all next week! melinda

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now