Confused about bean sprouts

(11 Posts)
ILoveAFullFridge Mon 13-Jan-14 12:41:01

One of the veg carb count lists has bean sprouts as 16g per 100g, the other has bean sprouts as 2.5g per 100g. Which is correct?

(I think 2.5g)

Nux Mon 13-Jan-14 13:47:34

Yes I also spotted that and was confused! Also potatoes are on the 'allowed veg' list for bootcamp according to the MN Bootcamp section, is that really true?! Seems wrong! Equally beetroot which I asked about specifically and Biwi said we shouldn't eat is now on the list too... any clarification gratefully received!

Ilisten2thesoundofdrums Mon 13-Jan-14 14:08:48

Well to confuse further I googled and found bean sprouts at 6g per 100g and 6.2g in a couple of places.

ChippingInWadesIn Fri 17-Jan-14 18:56:35

Ilove -

Bean sprouts - I looked on 5 different sites & got 5 different %ages (.7, 1.7, 3.5, 4 & 6). A possible reason for the huge variance is how the beans are sprouted/where the beans are grown etc. Nutritional Data said they are 13g per cup once cooked.

If it were me, I wouldn't stress if I was out and they were in something, but while on Bootcamp proper I wouldn't bother with them, but have them occasionally on BC Light.

Nux - Potatoes definitely not allowed Could you please link to where you read that as I can't find it? & the Beetroot likewise.

BIWI Fri 17-Jan-14 19:05:48

Beansprouts are confusing! I assume they are OK, and do eat them occasionally, because actually you get an awful lot of beansprouts for 100g! A normal portion won't weigh that much.

But potatoes and beetroot are definitely out.

HerGraciousMajTheBeardedPotato Fri 17-Jan-14 19:15:43

Thanks smile

I am already low carbing and losing weight, have been for months, but weight loss has slowed down from 1-2lb/week to 1-2lb/month. Is it still worth doing Bootcamp? Am I not in ketosis already?

BIWI Fri 17-Jan-14 19:18:49

Yes, you will be in ketosis - definitely not worth you doing Bootcamp, but you could certainly join us on the chat threads. We move on to Bootcamp Light after another week, which will probably be closer to what you're doing.

How far away are you from your target? It's quite normal for weight loss to slow right down the nearer you get to it.

HerGraciousMajTheBeardedPotato Fri 17-Jan-14 21:19:29

I'm not sure. I'd like to drop one more dress size. I seem to be averaging 1.25st per size, but that's an average, sometimes it's been more, sometimes less. So I'm guessing about another stone.

BIWI Fri 17-Jan-14 21:44:12

How tall are you/how much do you weigh now? (If you want to say, of course!)

Nux Fri 17-Jan-14 22:33:59

Hi Biwi, I can't link I'm afraid as the server is down?! But it was on the new bootcamp section of Mumsnet (not in a thread) and was the official "allowed veg" list!

HerGraciousMajTheBeardedPotato Fri 17-Jan-14 23:00:49

According to BMI I'm 2-3lb 'overweight'. Losing 1st would put me solidly into the 'ideal' band.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now