single parent houseshare

(316 Posts)
Lauree Mon 12-Apr-10 15:08:19

I'm a single mum (40 something) with a six year old boy in central London. I'm a professional woman working four days a week, living in central London. I'd like to find another single parent to share with... and help each other out with the ups and downs of parenting.

contact me if you think you might be interested.

Jennyzmg Tue 06-Nov-12 01:03:56

Hi busybeafr, I love the idea, please email me :jennyzmg@gmail.com
Or text : 07748632025

MamaMassageMe Thu 08-Nov-12 23:39:52

Hi smile

Looking for a single parent houseshare in Oxford area. Preferably east or north Oxford but fairly flexible if area has a great school! I have a calm, happy and lovely boy who's 2 and a fiesty, fun and jolly 1 year old.

Initially thinking Jericho... Would love to share chores, babysitting and red wine!

I am easy going, self employed (still get lots of help from housing benefit at the moment as I am part time till kids go to school!) motivated and hard working!

PM me if interested smile x

21South Sat 17-Nov-12 02:39:20

Hi there,

I am looking for single parent to share with. I have recently separated from DB and we, my 5 year old and I would love to find a single family to share with. I currently live in slough but am aware that most shares are in London. So I am open to move to south west London, Hayes, hillingdon, iver, burnham, tap low, Windsor, Eton, maidenhead. Please let me know if this suits. Thank you x

21South Sat 17-Nov-12 02:45:01

Mail me trayc0000@gmail.com

21South Sat 17-Nov-12 02:48:15

Hi there I would be interested. My email is trayc0000@gmail.com I have a 5 year old son. I look forward to speaking to you

Thank you x

Bostic Sun 18-Nov-12 00:23:51

Hi
I am looking for a single parent to share with me in Clapham, Balham or Streatham area.
I'm a single mum in my 40s and have 12 year old

Thanks!

Jennyzmg Sun 18-Nov-12 00:48:38

Hi Bostic, I'm thinking of the same area, my boy 5 month old. Please email me: jennyzmg@gmail.com

jumpingstar Sat 24-Nov-12 19:39:25

Hello All, moving to London soon and looking for a flatshare with another single parent, my son is 9 years old soon and we are looking around areas in zone 2 or 3 and schools, so far i heard North London are best for secondary ones and i also heard is a quite pricey area. Ideally we would like to find a place in zone 2 or 3 not so far from Camden as his dad lives there, i was looking around Canada water as i had been offered a place there before, so if anyone is interested to flat/house hunting together or have any spare room for us, please do keep in touch. We are reliable, friendly, clean and easy going people :-)

jumpingstar Sat 24-Nov-12 19:40:08

o i forgot , here is my email address just in case mirella33@hotmail.com :-)

madam1mim Sat 24-Nov-12 20:41:55

Anyone in Birmingham , who might be interested in sharing with me send my 20mo , send me a message

recel Sun 25-Nov-12 22:00:55

Bostic, I just sent a message to you, or so I thought. But as it was sent I realised it went to Lauree. Get in touch if you are in a position to share recreational childcare. I'd very much like to hear from you as I am in the Brixton Loughborough Junction area. We could really help one another out.

I'll send you more details if you are interested. My last email went astray and was full of detail!

Rachel

writingaboutthis Thu 29-Nov-12 15:06:43

Hi,
I'm writing about single parent housesharing and have got a media request here if anyone would be willing to be a case study.

I'm a longstanding MNer and it's going to be a positive feature about the practical side of doing this.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/media_nonmember_requests/1625017-Are-you-a-single-parent-housesharer-Looking-for-case-studies-for-positive-national-newspaper-feature?watched=1

Please see the link above or PM me. Thanks in anticipation.

teachertrainee Mon 03-Dec-12 23:18:14

hi all,
its my first time on here. im a newbie to motherhood with a 5mth old baby smile. i'm hoping we can find someone nice and easy to get along with (and their LO) to share in SE London- greenwich/lewisham/southwark or even kent.

if you are interested you can mail me: nouveaudame@hotmail.com
thanks

washingonawednesday Wed 05-Dec-12 08:56:33

Anyone in west Cornwall? It's a long shot!

umgroup Thu 06-Dec-12 20:09:26

Hi I have 2 daughters 17 + 11, downsizing and looking to find another single parent who wants to pool capital to buy a reasonable sized house and divide it. on my own can't get anything i really want in a good area, but with another buyer could both maybe end up living somewhere we like, any thoughts suggestions, please let me know. west london, shepherds bush, acton, ealing, are the areas i am interested in because of where my girls are at school, one in chiswich and one in ealing.

SharpnackBuick Mon 10-Dec-12 16:35:24

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

FlakeyTwinkle Sun 16-Dec-12 22:38:26

Hi everyone,

I am a professional with a 15month old, very happy, confident and bubbly daughter. I am looking to find another single mother who would be interested in renting a property with me in Putney, Southfields or Wimbledon area. I would like to rent somewhere quite nice (say, £2800 pcm) - after all, I need to treat myself in difficult times! My ideal house-share would be with someone who has a child (girl or boy, doesn't matter) of similar age (less than 4 years old) as I am interested in having a make-shift sibling for my sociable little one. If anyone is interested, please email me at flakes@live.co.uk.

Tella79 Wed 26-Dec-12 20:50:18

HI ALL,
I AM LOOKING FOR FLATSHARE WITH A SINGLE MUM IN SE BALHAM TOOTING CLAPHAM JUNCTION STREATHAM WEST NORWOOD WILL BE GREAT. IAM SINGLE MUM WITH A LOVELY BOY 3 YEARS OLD. IAM WORKING 4 DAYS A WEEK. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.

Amanda2969 Fri 04-Jan-13 15:08:50

I am looking for a house/flat share with another single parent in the London area. I am 43 and have a 4 year old son. If you are have accomodation and are a single parent and are willing to open your heart and your home for sharing I would love to hear from you.

GlasgowGirl3 Tue 15-Jan-13 11:01:51

Hi all

I am looking for another mum to share with for six months, I'm 31, Italian and have a two year old daughter, willing to share household duties, school runs and babysitting.

drop me a line if interested

blinder Tue 15-Jan-13 11:27:12

This feels like a long shot but is there anyone wanting to share in Cardiff / South Wales? What a wonderful idea it is. I have a 3yo dd who would be spending lots of time with daddy. I cook a mean risotto and roast dinner smile

supercooperduper Sat 19-Jan-13 08:42:55

Hi

I am also a single mum with an 8 year old son. We live in Southfields (nr Wimbledon). I work too and I would really like to meet more mums in the same position, it's tough on your own and I find it hard to deal with the other mums at my son's school who are mostly married and tend to stick with their own. Please get in touch if you want to chat/meet for coffee and any other mums out there too, get in touch.
Dee

feelingsik Sat 19-Jan-13 10:42:58

Hello single mums everywhere :-)
I live with my son in south london, I put lot of time and efford in finding another small family to house share but it was not meant to be. However we are always open to meet up with other mum and kids in this position. My son is just turned 8. Do get in touch if you find it hard or just boring to work so hard at entertainment. We like parks, south bank, movies and theatre where we try to go at least once every two month. We also swim. So... if you want some new friends for 2013 get in touch. We can also accomodate short term a single parent+1child...unfortunately the house is not big enough for long term...x

Northlondonmummy67 Wed 23-Jan-13 22:46:40

Yes hello mums

I am too looking for a single parent house or flat share for all of the above discussed reasons! Added to which I think its the best thing for kids to have another to come home to play with. I have a gorgeous 3 year old girl and am an older mummy but young in spirit and like to do stuff in or out of London. Currently in High Barnet where the schools are good, but happy to shift elsewhere where the schools are good too. Anyone interested? Let me know be great to have a mutual support system at home - what a solution! Email me if your interested - esmegreenslade@gmail.com

writingaboutthis Thu 24-Jan-13 13:41:42

Hi,
I'm still looking for someone who is in a successful single parent houseshare for a feature in a national newspaper if anyone can help with this?

I'm a longstanding Mumsnetter who has namechanged!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now