First I was exasperated now I am just plain anonyed

(6 Posts)
Lonecatwithkitten Mon 24-Dec-12 17:31:32

The really annoying thing is he gets DD to make the phone calls fro him. So it is really hard to refuse.
He couldn't take her with him as it was her Christmas Presents he had failed to buy - so I guess she no longer believes in Santa.

zookeeper Mon 24-Dec-12 09:43:02

I can see that's infuriating but you could simply have said have made an excuse and said no. If he knows you'll pick up for him he'll keep dropping on you.

Lookingatclaus Mon 24-Dec-12 09:37:16

Rant away, I know exactly what you mean. Dd to xh is entirely optional - both in terms if seeing her and supporting her financially. He doesn't do the latter and the former is at his convenience. He can just turn round and say he can't have her and I have to rearrange things - its all just handed over to me as my problem. He has let me down so many times when I am working and have asked him to have her, and he never considers that she needs looking after in the school holidays and just refuses to have her or pay for childcare so he can.

I totally get your frustration. Why couldn't he take her with him?

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 24-Dec-12 09:10:02

Cash definately not tight. This is someone looking to buy his third buy to let property.
Yes it does put me out as I work in a clinical setting so can't be working to my full capacity when DD is there.
This is just sheer disorganisation.
Sorry it is the final straw in a very long list.

AlienRefucksLooksLikeSnow Mon 24-Dec-12 08:59:21

Maybe cash was tight til the last minute? How much does this actually put you out?

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 24-Dec-12 08:57:59

DD is with ExH for christmas was supposed to be from last Friday to next Friday (I have to work and I then have her for 1.5 weeks).
Saturday I get phone call he needs me to have DD for 24 hours turns out he has not done his Christmas Shopping!!!!
Today I get another phone call from DD he hasn't finished his christmas shopping can she come and hang out at work with me for an hour, luckily I am the boss so it's okay.
But Christmas has been on the same day for the last 2000 years, he has known he was having DD since June. Why oh why did we get to the point that she has to come to work with me on Christmas Eve!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now