internet dating ; is it me? or does it encourage fleeting meetings

(42 Posts)
yummymommy1 Thu 01-Nov-12 22:28:47

..people seem to come and go..and im pretty damn honest but i still think i would make a good freind if nothing else at the moment. however no one seeems to 'stick' just come and go. is it the dating itself ( pof) or me?!

IAmDemented Thu 22-Nov-12 21:27:49
QuiteQuietIsAnElf Thu 22-Nov-12 21:36:07

Sorry that was me, I'm finding myself here.....namewise!

SoHHKB Thu 22-Nov-12 21:45:31

QuiteQuiet I know someone on pof who works in Tescos so you really might! wink

I used Oasis and found a lovely guy simply because I thought I knew where his photo had been taken and I wanted to ask him. We met up quickly and got on well - 6 months later we live together his profile didn't mention his supersperm that found their way past my copper coil! shock

QuiteQuiet Thu 22-Nov-12 21:48:19

grin

I may try again at the weekend, I am avoiding a guy from last week. Day 3 and he said 'do you ever find a goof fucking session relieves the stress' BLOCKED.... no but a 2 5mg valium do the job easier.... hmm pervert

flumperoo Thu 22-Nov-12 21:53:38

Thanks Demented, I'll go and have a look at pics of men's willies grin

QuiteQuiet Thu 22-Nov-12 21:55:51

Sorry IamDemented is me too....

When I got 'a willy' I said 'if I wanted to see a dick I could look at your profile'.... grin

VeryProbablyStupid Fri 23-Nov-12 17:07:59

I was on eHarmony, but then when I joined POF everyone I had been talking to was on there too, so it seemed silly to pay for one when it seems every single person in the world is on POF. Even my friends, I stumble across them all the time!

ChromosoneShortOfHuman Fri 23-Nov-12 17:11:50

Yeah my brothers friends are on POF, sorry I was here last night also, I keep name-changing, I an useless with men and decisions...I get freaked out on POF, I have been on so many times and left people come and say 'hello chromosone' I say 'erm.. do I know you' <paranoid> and sure enough I have spoke with them previously and forgot....plenty of perverts I say.

I have one on facebook from POF, I just have him there to extract the urine over all his 'followers' who say 'oh I love you' and 'you look so lovely' and WAKE UP LADIES clearly he is PLAYER!!! Sorry I am sarcastic bugger! My aim in life is the take the piss out of men.... and the ladies who fawn over them.

legohouse Fri 23-Nov-12 17:24:26

I met my partner on just single parents back in Feb,first time i'd ever "done" internet dating,was just having a nosey really!

We chatted every night for about a month then i was brave and we met up on the beach for a dog walk...

Long story short,we are still together,my boys love him,i love him,he loves me and we are planning to move in together next year smile

It can work smile

squishee Fri 23-Nov-12 17:46:11

So far I've picked two bad numbers through Internet dating, and a bad one through a magazine column before that. They each turned into long-term relationships that started beautifully, but had to end when it became apparent that these guys just could not have healthy relationships.

Am wondering whether online dating largely attracts these types, and whether to stick with real life meeting places instead.

I'm sure the online thing can work, it just hasn't for me in the long term. Your thoughts?

ChromosoneShortOfHuman Fri 23-Nov-12 17:48:41

That's nice Lego, I do like a happy ending, I am just jealous I keep dating sex crazed men.... grin

ChromosoneShortOfHuman Fri 23-Nov-12 17:50:32

I have been on Match.com for a free trial again it was yucky yucky men....I refuse to pay to meet a man, give me a few years I might feel the need to, right now I shall stick to the free sites and Al Friescos, and Pidls....

legohouse Fri 23-Nov-12 19:38:49

Chrome...he is now dating a sex crazed woman lol!

ChromosoneShortOfHuman Fri 23-Nov-12 19:42:11

Oh that's fine... I quite-like sex actually just not on the first date please, I like to know he person I am sleeping with grin

festiemum Fri 23-Nov-12 19:48:13

I met dh on okcupid- that's a free site and might be worth checking out.

2 years on we have a 2 month-old, a big blended family and a very happy, chaotic life! It can work, but I did have quite a few one off dates that didn't go anywhere (men who'd used unrealistic photos and presented themselves in an unrealistic way, shall we say?!) - I think you've got to be prepared to be persistent and quite thick skinned!!

ChromosoneShortOfHuman Fri 23-Nov-12 19:50:13

I'm not quite ready yet to be honest, severely lacking in confidence, children s heads are a little bit messy and bringing a man in would confuse things a bit, (children in counselling [-abusive fucker dad) I just like window shopping just now.

legohouse Fri 23-Nov-12 20:07:59

Chrome...take your time,you never know what's around that corner

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now