Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

UK phone/broadband package with free international calls

(13 Posts)
Rattitude Mon 13-May-13 15:56:36

Fibre broadband has now arrived in my area (North West of England) so I want to upgrade my phone/broadband package.

However, I need to be able to add a phone package which includes free international calls (to main European destinations such as France, Germany and Spain).

BT has an add-on but it is restricted to 600 min which would not be enough. PlusNet has an add-on for 300 min only. Talk Talk only offers 500 min.

Anybody calling abroad frequently from the UK who would recommend their package?

chloeb2002 Mon 13-May-13 20:02:52

Skype?

Rattitude Mon 13-May-13 20:06:45

Thanks, Chloe. I do Skype with some people but for some, it is not suitable, so I really need a phone-based alternative.

specialsubject Mon 13-May-13 20:45:54

any reason not to use skype credit? 1p a minute last time I used it. You use skype to their phone.

peppapigmustdie Mon 13-May-13 20:50:34

Post Office give free calls at weekends to those places included in the basic package.

Rattitude Mon 13-May-13 22:41:10

Thanks, Peppa and Special.

I used to use Skype a lot before I got a package with Tiscali. I am probably old-fashioned but I much prefer to use a phone blush. Having said that, the Skype connection regularly dropped which was extremely irritating. That probably would happen less frequently these days.

Re the Post Office deal, I don't think they offer fibre broadband, which is the point of upgrading. I also need unlimited access 24/7 rather than just being restricted to weekends.

stitchinline Tue 14-May-13 08:17:21

We have sky - unlimited calls to about 20 countries - each call is limited to 60 min but you can call as many times as you like.

Rattitude Tue 14-May-13 10:49:51

Thanks, Stitch. I also came across the Sky offer last night.

It looks like it might be the only provider offering unlimited calls.... unless somebody has another company to suggest....?

Hazeydays Mon 27-May-13 22:19:59

if its any use I know that 02 mobile can do add ons at a really good rate to Europe, (dh has family in hollland). we use that as I found that easier and cheaper than trying to get it all in the one deal!

goodluck!!!!!!

kevinBaker Fri 28-Mar-14 17:57:16

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

kevinBaker Fri 28-Mar-14 17:57:33

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

WowOoo Fri 28-Mar-14 18:04:40

I use FaceTime for international calls. It's free and fantastic.
Skype started trying to charge me so I cancelled it. Do you have an iPhone?

PossumPoo Fri 28-Mar-14 22:05:33

We are with Sky too. I need good, unlimited Internet for work also so works well with the international calls too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now