WHERE'S BEST TO LIVE IN NZ ETC :PART 6!!!

(1000 Posts)
AngryBeaver Mon 18-Feb-13 18:23:37

Wow! Part 6...got to be a record.

MN Towers, where's our prize?!

theartfulsoapdodger Tue 19-Feb-13 07:22:00

Yes it's an absolute lifesaver, I'm managing more time to myself this time than with my single babies (since I express for them mostly, tandem bf way too hard!) so I am still mostly sane!

thelittlestkiwi Tue 19-Feb-13 07:27:43

Artful- have you come across the multiple births club?

AngryBeaver Tue 19-Feb-13 08:04:19

Sorry xminerva, missed that!

The hunt for a rental is not going well at all. Getting anxious.

frick huiose looks great, yes, woody, but meh! So what, it's big and a good price.

It's funny, Matua is where we wanted to live and where looking for houses in that area. It's lovely. I think I prefer that to Papamoa! Lucky you!

Hi, artful...am exceedingly envious of your big family. I would love twins smile but totally get they must be exhausting.

lollystix Tue 19-Feb-13 08:16:22

Artful - congrats on your twins. What flavour? (and what fun/noise/mess/chaos).

Are you from the 'Weege' by any chance with a name like that?

I'm getting twin boys from lonely miaow and am very excited.

28 degrees last night apparently - not sure I believe that.

AngryBeaver Tue 19-Feb-13 09:07:15

lolly, it says 27 in our house...I am frigging BOLING!! I believe it!

xMinerva Tue 19-Feb-13 09:33:04

Been called in for 2nd interview for this job tomorrow. Just painted my nails to celebrate grin

Hi art sorry can't stay and chat (reason up ^ ^ thread) but hope to meet you soon if I remember to turn up

House looks fab frik

Bye again.

AngryBeaver Tue 19-Feb-13 09:45:22

Good luck!!

lollystix Tue 19-Feb-13 10:27:25

Good luck X!

Sibble Tue 19-Feb-13 18:19:24

Good luck ps what's the job - you've probably said and I've missed it.

DizzyHoneyBee Tue 19-Feb-13 18:32:35

Lovely house, especially the size of that bathroom. I would love a bathroom big enough for a bookshelf and a comfy chair smile

xMinerva Tue 19-Feb-13 21:48:42

In McD's scoffing breakfast at the moment while boys in play area so using their wifi.

Job, just retail. Ziera Shoes? Like Clarkes for adults. Hours are perfect though.

Hoping Home Grown Kids get back to me pretty sharpish.

Thanks everyone.

frikonastick Tue 19-Feb-13 23:36:52

Thanks guys! Yes it is big, bigger than our last house by a little bit. But it was that or a house so much smaller we would have to store almost half our stuff, which seemed crazy. So! Now we wait with baited breath to see if the landlord says yes! We negotiated on the rent (don't get if you don't ask, right?) and they called this morning to say the landlord wanted more info on the dog, and now we wait.....

Sorry I haven't even said hi to artful yet! <waves> and Xminerva good luck :-) AB, I feel you on renting, it's really stressful isn't it. But, you will come good too, you will see. I realize as I type this that I am being very sure the landlord will say yes, and maybe I shouldn't be counting my chickens!

Lolly, I am wearing a jumper! And it says 23 here at the mo. My blood is hopelessly thinned by years in the ME.

Oh.my.gosh. I live in NZ !!!!!!! grin

WhatSheSaid Wed 20-Feb-13 00:13:06

Oh if you're wearing a jumper now you may find NZ houses in winter quite a shock frik - many don't heat up/retain heat very well. That house is in a nice spot though.

frikonastick Wed 20-Feb-13 01:12:01

Yes. It's the one thing I have been the most nervous about! But I am hopeful that by the time it's really proper cold I will have acclimatised a bit. The house has heat pumps and a wood burning fire, so fingers crossed it will be ok! I did stock up on loads of lush blankets for the sofas and ends of beds.......

xMinerva Wed 20-Feb-13 01:18:15

Completely jealous of wood burning fire envy

In other news, guess who's just been offered a job? grin

So bloody excited, going to see an educator from Home Grown Kids on Friday morning. Looks like everything is falling into place.

Sibble Wed 20-Feb-13 01:46:48

Congratulations. I know the shop (well the Botany branch anyway!) although I've only bought in the sale...

frikonastick Wed 20-Feb-13 01:48:57

Yay! Well done :-)

theartfulsoapdodger Wed 20-Feb-13 01:58:18

Congratulations on the new job! Hope the childcare works out for you.

Hi to everyone who said hi to me! Hope to meet some of you before too long.

Lollystix - my twins are boys, and ultra cute for now and no I'm an ex-Londoner (very happy to be ex!)

Littlest kiwi - haven't got round to the multiple birth club yet, I should really, they have a twin playgroup so may do that once they're on the move.

Can I just ask, if anyone's local supermarket still has the S26 gold formula liquid version on the shelves (4x250ml cartons) PLEASE tell me and I'll drive anywhere in Auckland to get it. Apparently they're changing the packaging, don't have the new stocks yet, and I can't be arsed with dealing with the powdered stuff in the meantime. Cheers! smile

WhatSheSaid Wed 20-Feb-13 02:43:10

Congratulations xminerva!

Artfulsoapdodger do you ever get online shopping from Countdown? They are selling that brand of liquid formula on their website (in fact it's on special) so you could get an online order and include some. I think all the online orders are packed in their Grey Lynn store (Richmond Rd), not sure how far that is from you.

theartfulsoapdodger Wed 20-Feb-13 04:22:57

Tried that, but when I log in it says not available for delivery, only for pickup from a few stores outside Auckland, and I'm not driving all the way to Tauranga for it! More likely to be in PaknSave I think, I've never see it in New World.

Sorry for the dull conversation blush

vvviola Wed 20-Feb-13 05:05:36

Theartfulsoapdodger - oh no! Up until about a month ago I had 8 cartons of that I could have given you! I got it as standby for DD2 before she was diagnosed with her allergies & never used it. I only recently gave it to the Plunket nurse in case anyone was in need and could use it.

I got it in Countdown in Browns Bay so will check next time I'm there if they still have it.

xMinerva - congrats!! I thought of looking at retail for a part time job myself, but being terminally fashion challenged I don't think they'd have me grin

vvviola Wed 20-Feb-13 05:40:31

Oh sod it. DD2 has reacted to something. Face has all gone puffy & blotchy. She's had nothing unusual or different except soy yoghurt (we'd avoided soy yoghurt & formula for a while because we thought she didn't like it, we still give her soy in stuff with no problems, so decided to re-try her on the yoghurt )

So unless there was cross contamination it looks like we may now have to completely exclude all soy too... hmm

Just when we thought we had a handle on the allergies hmm

(Sorry. Rant over.)

frikonastick Wed 20-Feb-13 07:59:12

We got the house grin

DH fed up with me because for some reason I put the wrong dates in and instead of moving in on the 1st march, we are due to move in of the 23rd feb. so now mad panic because we need to buy a fridge and washing machine and bed for DD and tell the motel we need to cancel days. Oh well!

Sorry about DD2 vvv, maybe there was something else in the yogurt that she reacted to? Allergy can really suck can't they

justaboutchilledout Wed 20-Feb-13 09:17:24

Yay for house

(plans trip to woody cabin Tauranga)

(rather regrets stories told about her children online)

justaboutchilledout Wed 20-Feb-13 09:17:36

And vvv....poor you.

This thread is not accepting new messages.