without opening a can of worms etc.. isofix.. again...

(8 Posts)
chloeb2002 Sat 26-Jan-13 21:28:03

ok so my insurance will cover me if i use an isofix seat. Our car has anchor points so i am considering getting an isofix base for our strider capsule. does anyone know which base i need to buy.. brittax? yes i am aware the re only being considered by the au/ nz boards and that the approved system looks like being the tri point with a tether strap and iso fix (the new highest standard for uk now), but that's how i will anchor ours anyway. any one used the base and know which one?

Mosman Sun 27-Jan-13 09:14:38

It's not that it's being prosecuted if there's an accident they will blame you entirely.
The only one I would look at is the Britax trio which has isofix and the top tether.
I wanted rear facing until 4 with isofix so you can imagine how pissed off I am

chloeb2002 Sun 27-Jan-13 20:57:16

yup.. it is now going through with the approvals board, and yes i'm sure it will incorporate the top tether.

chloeb2002 Sun 27-Jan-13 21:01:18

oh.. and i have spoken to the police and the insurance company (two of them!) it appears that.. the only reason any lame would be paced would be if.. the child restraint caused the accident or the inadequacy of the restraint. so a loose child.. car seat flying through a window.. etc. i will wait until the approval is passed however as it is only a short way of. but my mum can bring the base over from the UK / France net month, if i can work out which base!

Mosman Mon 28-Jan-13 03:27:43

That nearly stopped me moving out I felt sick at the thought of putting DS in an inferior car seat after all the research and money we'd spent with the other children.
I'm so glad they are catching up with the rest of the world on this. That said our brand new Hyundai doesn't have isofix, time for a trade up me think !

chloeb2002 Tue 29-Jan-13 01:44:45

ahh you see our 2010 hyundai imax does.. getz doesn't however.. they are becoming compulsory in new cars from some point in 2013.

Mosman Tue 29-Jan-13 01:47:36

I think I'd like to swap it anyway when we are using 7 seats there is literally no boot space at all, DH didn't want the imax but i can see the advantages myself and it's not him driving it most of the time.

chloeb2002 Tue 29-Jan-13 21:02:40

In our house. I was the sceptic bout the imax.. but that said you can it 8 adults in it, a strider plus either folded or not, hopping and "stuff" and not be cramped! so yes its been a great buy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now