had one done with dd9. Partner left me when I fell!!Could not have coped with anything being wrong on my own .....sorry but 2 other dc aswell. My mum came with me and did find it bit sore esp that night but then a bit of a wimp! Tests came back fine, strange emotions came over me? Still glad had it done....am an older mum.
DD2 has CF and I went for CVS with dd£ as I knew I couldn't risk DD2 health for my want of another child (iyswim), but actually being in the situation was horrid. It's a very emotive subject I can not imagine life now without dd3 (she was a carrier).
Just thinking about the emotions I had around that time upsets me and my heart goes out to you. There is now easy decision when it comes to CVS have you asked for counseling?
i havent but i have a friend who has had several and she found them ok, i have to say if you wont consider terminating (and i wouldnt for CF) then althought i can understand the need to know i am not sure its worth the risk. its a small risk of miscarriage and i think infection? but still its a risk. they test the baby once its a week old? anyway and knowing the baby has CF will not make any difference to how your preg/birth is managed will it? if there are benefits to knowing from a medical pov i can see why it would be done.
i would ask you hospital what th erisk are and for example what the rate of miscarriage etc is, some drs are more skilled than others.
anyway my friend said it was uncomfortable but ok and she just rested afterwards.
there are lots of mnetter who have had them ad am sure they will be along to reassure you, fingers crossed for you xx
I am having an epic stress as i have recently found out i am pregnant and my first child has CF. Totally unplanned and feel so guilty for possibly inflicting CF upon another child through my own stupidity.
Anyway to cut a long story short i honestly don't think i could have a termination but in a totally selfish way i just can't go through the pregnancy not knowing. Therefore i have said i will go for a CVS test in 2 weeks time, but am going back and forth thinking i am risking this baby for the sake of me being comforted by knowing the outcome. Plus there is a new drug just about to become available for one of the CF genes my lo has that is a close to a cure as you can get
So wondered if anyone on here has had the CVS done and how they found it?