what were the signs that your child was LGBT?

(5 Posts)
mulranno Fri 14-Jan-11 19:43:58

Note that many of you have said that as a parent you have always known that your child was LGBT "seen the signs etc" just wondered what they were?

njfrancis Mon 17-Jan-11 01:37:21

signs? I don't think you can box people into groups where there are definitive signs for all LGBT's.
I'm sure there are some give aways such as: not having any opposite sex partners from about the age of 16+, you're child not being able to really talk about opposite sex relationships or making sure conversations about it are very brief and end a.s.a.p., sometimes peoples mannerisms change but this can be very slightly as they themselves come to terms with themselves, sometimes they become more reclusive or do the exact opposite and become very rebellious.
Again, as I said, everyone copes differently and therefore can show different signs. What helped me the most, I reckon, was just simply being talked to by my dad. Calmly and compassionately. I feel that's the easiest way to find out.

depob Sun 05-Jun-11 22:26:30

I am aunt to identical twins, one is totally gay the other totally hetero. I knew by the time they were two. I just knew - gut feeling. Both happy adults now smile

Lexiejack Fri 24-Jun-11 12:53:48

My sons only 2 but whole family have gut feeling he's going to come out when he's older. To be honest we will probably feel a bit let down if he isn't such a horrible mummy lol

the1destroyer1of1women Mon 23-Apr-12 11:03:23

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now