Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious legal concerns, we would suggest you consult a lawyer.

Tenant accused of damaging neighbour's car?

(3 Posts)
Chooseaname Mon 25-Feb-13 13:48:12

Thankyou Cumfy - he asked another neighbour to contact me so that I could ask the tenant to get in touch with him (all very confusing) so I've ended up being CC'd into all correspondence between them although I've not responded to any of it.

cumfy Mon 25-Feb-13 13:11:48

Neighbour should be contacting his insurance company.

If he refuses to do so, tenant should either ignore, counterclaim via his insurance, or contact the police re: harassment.

Nothing to do with you; how did he get your contact details ?

Chooseaname Sun 24-Feb-13 23:44:51

I hope someone can advise me on this! I rent my mortgaged flat out (no equity to sell, so have rented out and now renting a house for me and DH). The neighbour has accused my tenant of damaging his car by parking badly, tenant denies doing this. I'm keeping out of it, however both have decided to CC me in on their email correspondence (I've not replied to any of it).

Neighbour has threatened to get the police involved, and has said that he will have to "dispute the parking rights with the landlord" then linked to Landlord and Tenant act Chapter 31 - I don't understand any of this section! Does this mean he's trying to say I'm liable for damage my tenant has allegedly caused? Or that he feels tenant shouldn't be able to park there any more? This is really stressing me out, we don't have any spare money and I don't see why I would be liable for something like this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now