Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

CSA Tribunal: Ex lost job but still managing to live in London

(5 Posts)
ATouchOfStuffing Tue 11-Dec-12 14:56:21

I was hoping someone could help me as I have a tribunal this week.

My ex recently lost his job and CSA have had a letter from his old boss to confirm and saying he is having 'some time out'. Ex has blamed me for loosing job due to CSA causing him 'stress' and 'hounding' him.

I was wondering if anyone can advise about how to proceed when he isn't even signing on? I could believe it a bit more if I got the £5 a month, but considering he is apparently in debt and assures me via text 'no one is supporting me' - so how is he continuing to live in London? I was surprised the CSA don't get a copy of his P45 and suspect his boss is still employing him, or will after tribunal.

Is there something called a Variation, and would it be worth me doing in this case to prove he is living outside his means?

Collaborate Tue 11-Dec-12 15:44:11

Tribunals are based on historic position at the time of the assessment. He'll have to apply for a change of cisrcumstasnces variation if he's lost his job. The tribunal won't want to look at it.

ATouchOfStuffing Tue 11-Dec-12 16:03:25

So there is no way to ask how he is supporting himself?

Collaborate Tue 11-Dec-12 16:25:27

You should have received a bundle of docs from the CSA saying what the issues are. If it's not relevant to any of the issues, then no, there's no point asking it.

ATouchOfStuffing Sat 15-Dec-12 10:04:24

Thank you for this - had a year of ex bringing other issues into it and as you rightly said none of it was relevant. I won, so thank you for getting me back to the actual issue at hand and none of the rest smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now