Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious legal concerns, we would suggest you consult a lawyer.

Working alone

(4 Posts)
Poppyonetooth Mon 10-Dec-12 14:04:36

Hi there, I am 52 yr old lady and recently the company I work for have reorganised the sales office to another site. I work from 9.30-5.30 and we are a retail unit on a trading estate, we have no cover for breaks or lunch and they seem to not care at all... I was robbed when worked for a previous employer and it brings back so many bad memories. We are treated with contempt when we ask for cover of any kind xxxx very unhappy bunny

Poppyonetooth Mon 10-Dec-12 14:07:48

I work for a company on a trading estate 9.30-5.30 and receive no cover for breaks or lunch... Is it against the law. I am a 52 yr old woman who is very unhappy with the lack of care to employees :-(

prh47bridge Mon 10-Dec-12 16:23:01

Are you working on your own are are you only alone when others are taking a break?

FireOverBethlehem Mon 10-Dec-12 16:31:57

If you are in a retail unit working alone, they should have a lone working policy, ask HR to see the copy for your company.

I think your post is confused by being titled "working alone" and mentioning "we". How long are you alone for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now