Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious legal concerns, we would suggest you consult a lawyer.

Nothing in contract re maternity pay

(4 Posts)
TheDoctrineOfSnatch Sat 08-Dec-12 15:35:59

Is there an employee handbook? That's where ours is.

littlemonkeychops Thu 06-Dec-12 19:13:41

Check if your employer has a separate maternity policy, it's not set out in my contract what i'm entitled to it's in the policy (which is on our intranet so i could read it without asking hr).

Collaborate Thu 06-Dec-12 12:16:19

You must be on the minimum. Can only ask for more. Obv you can't force them.

fruitandbarley Thu 06-Dec-12 11:53:44

Hi,
Just that really, if it doesn't state anything at all in my contract, doesn't even mention it, what am I entitled to, just the minimum?
I have worked there 4 years and they are quite reasonable, if it is just the ,minimum, which I think is 6 weeks on 90% then on to smp isn't it, does anyone have any advice on trying to get more, I'm never going to manage otherwise.
I do plan on going back to work but not sure I could bear it after just 6 weeks.
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now