Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

GPS tracker on car

(8 Posts)
TheCatIsEatingIt Tue 20-Nov-12 10:22:20

I'm asking on behalf of a friend. She's going through Children Act proceedings (XH's application for contact), and there's a final hearing next week. He's just produced evidence that a private investigator has been following her and has installed a tracker on her car.

Can the court use this evidence, and can anyone point me towards the relevant law?

Many thanks in advance.

prh47bridge Tue 20-Nov-12 11:03:41

What is he hoping to prove?

mumblechum1 Tue 20-Nov-12 11:05:18

Oh dear. He is going to be in such deep shit if he tries to produce this in evidence. The judge will crucify him.

TheCatIsEatingIt Tue 20-Nov-12 11:41:19

prh - I think he's trying to prove she's got a new boyfriend. I don't think it's relevant, but I can't think of anything else.

mumblechum - that's what I thought, but I can't find anything to back that up - are you able to help me find the rules about evidence?

prh47bridge Tue 20-Nov-12 13:00:13

Agree that a new boyfriend is not relevant. I can't off the top of my head think of anything he could prove in this way that would be remotely relevant to a contact application. Agree with Mumblechum that the judge will crucify him.

Collaborate Tue 20-Nov-12 13:07:03

If I were your friend I would be wanting to put this "evidence" (evidence of what???) before the court. The judge won't consider what it tells the court about your friend's whereabouts - only what it informs the court about XH's personality.

babybarrister Tue 20-Nov-12 19:54:37

It is v likely it will be admitted but even it is the judge is going to think he is an arse - that is a legal termgrin

TheCatIsEatingIt Tue 20-Nov-12 20:16:06

Thank you all for your help. Your character analysis is spot on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now