More children = more stressed horrible mother?

(6 Posts)
Thirstysomething Tue 16-Apr-13 18:04:48

Pregnant with no 4, tiredandemotional, being snappy and horrid to the older ones (6 and 4) please someone reassure me my kids aren't suffering because we are having 4?
I just feel I would have been a nicer mother and therefore my kids would be happier if we had stopped at two, or even three.
I know this is probably because I am tired, with no help, but will someone just tell me 4 is ok?!?! Need a hand holding. Then promise to pull myself together!!

muriel76 Tue 16-Apr-13 18:22:39

I knew a lady with 11 ( she has 14 now) and she was as chilled as an ice cube! smile

More stress = stressed and horrible mother. More children doesn't necessarily mean more stress. I have 4 now, but I think my most stressful and horrible time was whilst pg with #3.

Congrats, btw!

LimeLeaffLizard Wed 17-Apr-13 10:30:58

Hope you're feeling a bit better today!

I'm finding 4 fine at the moment - well of course it is a bit stressful at times but overall we're doing well and the children are all lovely!

How pg are you? Is there a particular thing that is making you tired or bothering you? Do you get a break when the older ones are at school?

MandragoraWurzelstock Wed 17-Apr-13 10:40:23

In the short term you might need to be a bit more shouty or have a lower tolerance to messing about! but long term it should be fine. This is what I hope anyway, currently very overwrought with my third arrived in January...

Thirstysomething Thu 18-Apr-13 13:17:42

Think it was just a bad few days! Feeling much better now, although still v tired.
Eldest two at school - cripes, have just remembered one of them has a half day, aaargh!! bye!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now