DP pestering for number 4

(5 Posts)
3plus2 Mon 17-Dec-12 12:59:01

We have 3 girls DD3 just under mo. he is longing for a boy , I know it's not guaranteed but he says 4 is manageable. I'm broke he too has no money now till payday, our house is big enough but I'm just worried financially we can not do it , And I don't want my children going without because he selfishly wants a boy! He is good with the children and helps out but when it comes to bday presants , Xmas presants most is left to me as he doesn't feel they need anymore hmm I also would love another baby but only if I could guarantee I could afford it and they others would be happy . Anyone gone for 4 even when money is tight or would be really stupid?

noisytoys Mon 17-Dec-12 13:04:45

Just remember, if you claim tax credits or other child related benefits, they will soon be capped at 2 children, or the amount of children you have at that time. If you are broke now then I would stick at 3

3plus2 Mon 17-Dec-12 13:10:44

I didn't think of that , thanks noisy xx

Boardiegirl Sun 30-Dec-12 20:01:23

We never considered the money, just the joy and it all worked out for us. Maybe your dp is rite and the kids rly dnt need presents? Can u do without things for the sake of another baby? Lots to thinkabout, gd luck smile

sweetkitty Mon 31-Dec-12 14:16:10

I wouldn't have another baby just to get a different sex. When we ttc#4 it was thinking it would be DD4, we even had her name chosen. Yes DD4 is now DS total shock.

Four is costly, I find we don't take them out as much as friends do, 6 for dinner is extortiate, 4 passes to theme parks etc but I wouldn't change it for the world.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now