3 under 4 sharing a room logistics?

(6 Posts)
beingginger Sat 15-Sep-12 22:05:33

i had 3 dc in 1 room before we moved.
I had dd aged 3 in a top bunk, 18m ds in a bottom bunk and ds2 in a cot.
We lived in a really small house though and had no choice but to put the older 2 in bunks.
we moved in january and dd had a room of her own.

Sokmonsta Sat 08-Sep-12 21:04:37

Dd has been in her 'bunk' bed since 3 years. It's an ikea midsleeper so not too high. We took the bottom rung off once ds (2) was out of his cot and worked out how to climb up, but not down. He sleeps on a mattress on the floor under dd1. Dd2 and Ds2 (22 week twins) share the cot at the mo. we have a 2 bed house. Next move is to work out if we can get two cots in the kids' room and if not, we're swapping rooms so we can get them all in one. Eventually we will have to get somewhere bigger but we're in too much negativity equity at the no :-(

twonker Sun 19-Aug-12 21:01:10

My bunk bed came with advice that the top bunk is suitable from age 6. I promptly put my 4 year old in it though!

ifIsaynodontjustaskdad Sat 18-Aug-12 18:25:22

Thanks 3monkeys, we will have similar problems, my dd are all tall, the three year old wears 7 year old clothes.

3monkeys3 Fri 17-Aug-12 16:46:10

I have 3dc in the same room - 2 boys and a girl (girl in the middle) and all under 4. The room is a small double, but I have managed to get 2 toddler beds and a standard size cot, plus a small wardrobe in with space to move! I have no idea what I will do when my tall, nearly 4 year old outgrows his toddler bed as I don't feel they are ready for bunk beds yet. Hopefully we can convert our loft soon and I will either split them up (2 boys together) or put all 3 into one of the bigger rooms (our room is a decent size and loft will be pretty big too). I like them sharing - it's lovely - and agree with you that I don't like the idea of one being left on their own, although I guess dd isn't going to want to share with her brothers forever more!

ifIsaynodontjustaskdad Fri 17-Aug-12 15:07:01

Just had dd3, dd1(3) and dd2(1) currently share a room cot bed and cot. We are moving soon, looking for a house, and I need advice please.

As one of 4 growing up I always shared, but I don't want 1 dd to feel left out iyswim so all 3 sleeping in the same room seems fairer for now. What do we do about beds? Not sure a bunk wouldnt be safe as dd2 leaps off the top of arm chairs, any suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now