How many bedrooms do you have?

(37 Posts)
needsomesunshine Sun 17-Jun-12 10:13:07

Nosey question I know but indeed to move & we are expecting our 5th boy in a couple of months. We currently have a 4 bed town house but rents have gone up by at least £200 so could probably only get a 3 bed. How many bedrooms do others have with how many in each? I think 3 in one & the youngest 2 in another would be fine. Do you think people would rent a 3 bed to a family of 7? Thanks in advance : )

Hedwig06 Mon 06-Aug-12 13:12:32

We have 5 bedroom, 4 DC.

We converted the loft into 2 smaller rooms so that DS's could have their own room, but they keep sneaking into each others room at bed time, and end up sharing in either bedroom every night grin

But I think it was worth the mess & money to have the loft converted as the boys have the option of their own space if they want it.

CouthyMow Thu 09-Aug-12 22:47:25

2 and a tiny box room for 4 DC and me. I'm making plans to give my bedroom to 14yo DD in a year's time, and give DS3 her tiny box room then, he is 18mo now, so will be 2.5 then.

We have 4 and 3 dc so they all have their own room now. When we first moved here we used one as a study and dd1 and dd2 carried on sharing as they had done all their lives. We used to live in a 2 bed. Dd1 and dd2 shared and dd3 was in with us. Had we been there any longer than her first birthday I think I might have put all three in the bigger bedroom and we would have had the smaller one. It's not an essential for them to have their own rooms but I'm pleased they do now.

Carrie1983 Sun 14-Oct-12 21:26:59

We have a 3 double bed house. Just moved into it in July, from a 3.5 bed (3 just doubles and a fitted study). Old house was a modern (25yr old) house and rooms not that big, but my husband being a carpenter had made storage where you wouldn't believe possible. This house is a bit of a project, and whilst smaller in terms of number of rooms, has more sq. footage.

We have one daughter, hope to have one more child if all goes well. They will share a room and have a playroom, until they are older.

Carrie1983 Sun 14-Oct-12 21:27:21

Sorry didn't realise this was a couple months old!

foxy6 Tue 13-Nov-12 17:53:29

We have 5 dc's, 4 ds and 1 Dd we have a mid terreace house was 3 bedrooms and we converted the attic so instead of having 4 ds in one room we have the 2 oldest in the attic, but Dd who I 9 will often be found asleep in one of the boys room she is lonely on her own and often thinks its unfair she has to be on her own. So I'm considering moving her in with ds4 who's 5 and rearanging the teenagers between the attic and small room.

BarbecuedBillygoats Tue 13-Nov-12 17:59:47

4 children in a 4 bed
Youngests room doesn't actually fit a normal size single in it but as we're in rented I'm sure we'll have moved before he needs a normal single.

BarbecuedBillygoats Tue 13-Nov-12 18:00:19

Oh just saw the age of thread

notnagging Sat 24-Nov-12 16:27:11

It's okay we're still here smile

sadsong Sun 25-Nov-12 11:08:18

We are living in a 5 bed town house but have more children than bedrooms. We lived in a 4 bed and it worked with bunks but we had 8 dc to bed every other weekend. We now have 6 permanently and 8 every other wkd / hols.

Everybody shares except the baby! Because the others would wake him upgrin

RobotLover68 Mon 03-Dec-12 12:41:47

four bedrooms

3 boys in the largest room - dd in her own room - us in the other room - I keep asking DS1 if he wants the "box room" but he doesn't, so we use it for storage

waferhappy Sat 08-Dec-12 20:12:06

4 one for me and dh one for eldest son 7 . Daughters 5 and 3 share and one for 9 month old son. Thought it made more sense for the girls close in age to share rather than a 7 year old and a 9 month old

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now