Any experience of using Glasgow clinics?

(13 Posts)
Kerrigan90 Thu 31-Jan-13 21:25:56

Good luck! Hope next 3 week's is exciting for you! x

Kerrigan90 Thu 31-Jan-13 21:21:41

Thanks, it is so scary! I have AMH 0.07 and FSH was high 20's I think! My options are ivf with icsi using donor eggs but that's after my partner has reversal vasectomy with tesa!! I also attended the fertility clinic at the RAH and the DR spoke of a drug called DHEA that a male growth hormone that is being used now to improve eggs ( GCRM said was only available to order from USA as not licensed here) so I'm tempted to try this out and see if any of my eggs would be likely to be fertilised.

My other option is adoption which I'm not adverse too, I like the idea of it too.

The whole issue is a head spin. I've recently been through the appointments you're going for so get in touch if you want to moan, greet, laugh or anything. Its so frustrating, making babies should be fun!!!!

x

Griffomais Thu 31-Jan-13 20:23:37

kerrigan90 good luck with it all. I am so scared about it - just wish it was a certainty that it will work I think that will be the hardest thing to face. So what's your options? Stay in touch if you want some moral support its such a hard thing to deal with.

Kerrigan90 Thu 31-Jan-13 19:39:16

We had initial tests done at Nufield for my partners reversal vasectomy and at this time found out I was infertile! So we've paid initial consultation and tests there but to go to GCRM we have to get them all done again. Hearing of a lot of women who have had success at GCRM but nothing yet of the Nufield (which is cheaper). It all seems to be a game of risks for something so precious. x

Griffomais Thu 31-Jan-13 18:39:46

I've finally accepted this is the way forward and have booked my first 2 appointments at GCRM all happening in the next 3 weeks - eek!

weegiemum Thu 31-Jan-13 18:17:01

I've had 2 friends have babies via GCRM.

Kerrigan90 Thu 31-Jan-13 18:15:32

Eek it's all so bloody expensive think I'll need to remortgage. God damn NHS criteria!

ellangirl Wed 23-Jan-13 16:11:24

Gcrm even, not given!

ellangirl Wed 23-Jan-13 14:48:54

Wrote a message that has disappeared. In quick summary, given are excellent! If you have any questions just ask :-) we have dd from 2nd round icsi

galwaygirl Tue 22-Jan-13 23:59:11

I also had great results with GCRM, DD from first ICSI cycle and currently pg from my first FET using a frozen embryo from that cycle.
Good luck x

Kerrigan90 Tue 22-Jan-13 23:52:19

Thanks I'll look into it. I looked into GRI and Rosshall but they don't carry out a procedure we need. Seen consultant at Nufield which is a strong possibility at the moment.

I take it friend had good results and experience at GCRM then?

Thanks
Kerri

Griffomais Sun 20-Jan-13 22:27:30

Hi Kerrigan90 you could try GCRM in Glasgow my friend had success there and I'm about to contact them. Google them - very informative website. Good luck smile.

Kerrigan90 Sun 20-Jan-13 19:49:12

Hi ladies,wondering if any of you have had experience of using any of the fertility clinics in Glasgow? We are looking at Vasectomy reversal with sperm retrieval then ivf with icsi using donor eggs! Feel dizzy at the thought of it all!
Kerri xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now