Suffolk Waiting Lists

(4 Posts)
givemeaname Tue 23-Oct-12 15:03:16

Thanks for replying. I have got our names down to attend an opening evening at our nearest clinic, so thats a start, its just so frustrating that it has to take so long! each month seems to be getting longer sad

lendi Sat 20-Oct-12 08:29:41

I'm not in Suffolk so don't know what the situation is but have you tried to see if you have any choice over where you use your NHS funding. Some private clinics hold contracts for NHS patients and if you get yourself into their system you may still be able to use your funding there. Ring the private clinic and ask directly.
Also having some of the initial investigations like ultrasound with antral follicle count, AMH and any repeat sperm analysis privately will not cost the earth, probably £200 and may save you some time.

Devilforasideboard Thu 18-Oct-12 17:58:00

Do the clinics do an open evening type thing where you can go along and speak to the staff? The clinics we looked at (we have NHS funding but were given a choice of clinics) had information about waiting times on their websites. Neither of them had a waiting list as such, it just took a couple of weeks for the appointment to come through.

givemeaname Thu 18-Oct-12 15:25:20

anyone know what the current waiting list for NHS fertility treatment is in the Suffolk area, my PCT and local hospital are not being helpful!
Am considering going private but my husband is not so sure (im 35 and he is 37 with a low count) i dont think we have much time to be messing around. How do i get him to see Private is the best option?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now