OAA Apologise for "Career Women Make Bad Mothers" Campaign

(1281 Posts)
OAA Wed 06-Jan-10 16:16:05

The OAA are running a campaign to demonstrate the power of outdoor advertising to drive people online. This is being done in conjunction with a new website called ?Britainthinks.com? which encourages debate amongst the people of Britain.

We regret any misunderstanding that led to feelings of offence on the part of members of the Mumsnet community.

The intention of the website is to generate debate by posing questions that are deemed to be socially relevant by members of society.

We did not intend to cause any offence and we would stress that the questions posed were not the opinions of the OAA or any of its members.

Three posters were designed to initiate the debate using sport, life and politics and these are supported by dozens of other questions on the website itself.

Regrettably the question relating to ?career women? has caused offence and the OAA unreservedly apologises to anyone who has been offended. This was not our intention and, to ensure that this misunderstanding does not persist, instructions have been given to remove this poster.

Subject to the vagaries of the weather, all copy will be removed as soon as possible. The sites currently carrying this poster will be either blanked-out or carry one of the other designs. The poster will also be removed from the ?Britainthinks.com? website. All Digital posters have already been removed.

KatieMiddleton Sat 08-Jan-11 02:35:54

Wow, old thread! Might be better to start a new one? Although not sure random data collection from the internet is going to give you the robust data you're looking for because you can't verify or quantify your respondents in any way. Have you approached someone like the Fawcett Society for this info? I'm doing a masters in a similar field. My interest is redundancy and maternity leave. Interestingly the ONS does not currently collect any data to measure gender differences in those becoming unemployed or the reason for unemployment hmm

you know I was looking at the thread title - and the first posts thinking - why didn't I see this before now it's been going for 3 day and I never noticed a thread with over 1000 posts confused

so I scrolled down and realised it was a year old. grin

KatieMiddleton Sat 08-Jan-11 02:45:34

<places pennies on eyes of thread and gently draws shroud over>

StewieGriffinsMom Sat 08-Jan-11 09:43:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sassybeast Sat 08-Jan-11 16:54:50

I can't believe all this happened a YEAR ago.
Ipes eyes and lies back down again, pondering on the fact that a year has passed in a flash sad

jackstarb Sat 08-Jan-11 22:06:34

It was great fun thoughsmile.

MrsBaldwin doing her thing, the haiku's, poor Justine getting grief, and whatever happened to Garry?....

We should have an anniversary thread!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now