Somerset Flood Crisis Appeal

(10 Posts)
pipsqueakz Fri 07-Feb-14 19:19:04

Please can you help???
We are now collecting urgent supplies for the victims that have been evacuated from flooding in parts of Somerset.
If you can help no matter how small the donation it will be greatly appreciated.
We are in need of the following: Non perishable foods, UHT milk, tinned foods, long life bread, nappies, socks, dried foods. Anything you can think of would be greatly appreciated.

Please pm me if you can help and I will give you more information.

Or for cash donations please go to justgiving Somerset Emergency Flood Relief Appeal or www.flagsomerset.gov.uk

Thanks again for your time and generosity.

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 07-Feb-14 21:40:22

Bumping for you . Was just talking to my neighbours tonight about whether there was an appeal.

pipsqueakz Fri 07-Feb-14 22:16:42

Every little helps and the more awareness the better. My husband is an ex farmer from the levels and can no longer work due to a rare health condition which has disabled him. He desperately wanted to help and can't be hands on help so is very frustrated and had to do something we are trying to drum up as much support and aid as possible.

Thank you for organising this pipspeakz, I see you have been given an mn stamp of approval as Rebeccamn has linked to here. Are there going to be coordinated collection points or are you hoping people will send things themselves. Can a deal be done with any of the parcel companies so the cost of sending goods doesn't put people off?

Bumping for you.

A deal with a parcel company would be good.

Pipsqueakz - well done.

A word of caution though. From what I have seen on the FLAG Facebook page they have been innundated with supplies and are asking people to hold back for now. I thinks cash donations to the Just Giving page would be best at the moment. Sorry - hope you don't think I'm interfering! Just don't want people to post stuff unnecessarily!

sisterofmercy Tue 11-Feb-14 12:44:33

Just donated and posted on facebook.

Wetoopere Tue 11-Feb-14 19:16:15

Bump

I have pm'd you.

EustaciaVye Fri 14-Feb-14 09:47:56

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now