Changes to UK childcare ratios? Would love to hear what MNers from France etc think

(27 Posts)
CharlotteBronteSaurus Tue 29-Jan-13 08:05:24

So I am slightly hmm about the proposed changes to childcare ratios in the UK. I would be really interested to hear from those who have direct experience of how it all works in eg France, Germany. Any thoughts?

ReallyTired Mon 04-Feb-13 13:03:57

"Increasing the ratio's and expecting increase in quality and standards - Sorry isn't that illogical?"

I think the logic is that better qualified staff are more organised and focussed on learning. I can see that arguement working for four year olds, but not for babies.

Education and childcare are totally different things.

Osaka1981 Thu 28-Feb-13 15:01:02

For those who might be interested, an official government e-petition has just been launched for parents against these ratio changes.

epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45887

Although there are quite a few petitions out there, this is the only one which government has to officially respond to and can't ignore (as they seem to have ignored all the others). When the petition receives 10,000 signatures, government must provide an official response. 100,000 signatures and the topic will be considered for discussion in the House of Commons.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now