Girl shot dead in Jamaica

(8 Posts)
HotheadPaisan Sun 13-Jan-13 19:58:00

You could have specifically asked about that, not under the title you did, or you could have Googled.

therugratref Sun 13-Jan-13 18:53:17

Yes the cold weather triggers crisis. We see many more patients in crisis in ICU over the winter months. It is really sad she went to a local to me school.

SoldeInvierno Sun 13-Jan-13 18:50:43

thanks, DarrellRivers. That's all I wanted to know.

SoldeInvierno Sun 13-Jan-13 18:50:08

Of course it is not all that matters, but having read that sentence in the bbc site, I went to read more about that illness. I couldn't find the information I wanted, so I asked here.

Cold weather is one thing that could trigger a crisis

HotheadPaisan Sun 13-Jan-13 18:44:21

Haven't read it, but is that all that matters when she has been killed? Her absence from school and her medical information?

SoldeInvierno Sun 13-Jan-13 18:41:51

According to the news, the girl had been given permission by her school to stay in Jamaica for an extended period. Apparently this was so that the warmer climate would help with her sickle cell anemia. Does this make sense? I am not a medical expert, but I didn't think Sickle Cell Anemia was curable or would benefit from hotter climates? any experts?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now