Connecticut school shooting.

(52 Posts)
OscarPistoriusBitontheside Fri 14-Dec-12 17:59:12

Yet another school shooting in the USA. Elementary school this time. Latest is 27 dead of which 18 are children. It happened at a kindergarten class. Terrible.

Witchety Fri 14-Dec-12 17:59:59

Awful! Just seen it on the news

AnyaKnowIt Germany Fri 14-Dec-12 18:00:55

Just watching on the news, heartbreaking sad

Awful

Oh good god, that's awful. Tiny,tiny children sad

AuntieStella Fri 14-Dec-12 18:06:48

Dreadful event: far from clear what happened, nor number/age of casualities.

I hope some of these early accounts prove to be exaggerated.

Aerobreaking Fri 14-Dec-12 18:11:23

Awful, they just said an entire class a currently unaccounted for sad

Rottenluck Fri 14-Dec-12 18:13:58

Just awful. Those poor children and their families.

This is heartbteaking sad

chandellina Fri 14-Dec-12 18:25:09

Maybe Obama can go after gun rights now, but it's probably an impossible battle.

NuclearStandoff Fri 14-Dec-12 18:44:38

perhaps this will be what it takes to get proper gun control laws introduced.

Thinking about it makes me feel physically sick.

GreatCongas Fri 14-Dec-12 18:48:01

There's just no words are there sad

AuntieStella Fri 14-Dec-12 19:02:40

Current story on BBC website .

It looks as if the death toll is indeed in the high 20s.

sad

TheCrackFox Fri 14-Dec-12 19:04:20

This is just so sad, those poor children.

This is horrific sad How on earth could anyone walk into a school and start shooting small children?

NatashaBee Fri 14-Dec-12 19:18:08

So sad sad one of the news websites reported the shooter was a child at the school's father.

My stepdaughter's school here in Michigan does lockdown/takecover drill every month (the students have to squash themselves into a corner of the classroom out of view of the classroom door), it's so sad that students have to be aware that this sort of thing may happen.

BertieBotts Germany Fri 14-Dec-12 19:21:11

Sick and horrendous sad

AnyaKnowIt Germany Fri 14-Dec-12 19:34:53

Sky news are saying that the shooter shot his father at home, his mother was a teacher at the school who has also been killed

Abitwobblynow Fri 14-Dec-12 19:39:13

What is it about schools? What is the symbolism of this?

telsa Fri 14-Dec-12 19:40:52

It is so upsetting. I am just back from the US, where you see signs at the Mall that say 'Please leave your guns at home'. A mad mad country.

Witchety Fri 14-Dec-12 19:40:53

Symbolism of schools? Failure.... They have been failed?

5hounds Fri 14-Dec-12 20:38:08

:'( no words. Latest on news is the shooters mum was a teacher there she's dead, aswell as head teacher and shooters father, 22children, the gf is missing and his younger brother has been arrested as was in woods next to school. Awful

alcibiades Fri 14-Dec-12 21:12:07

It could be that there's a symbolism involved in shootings on campuses, but the cynical part of me suspects that campus/mall shootings are because that's where there are lots of people in fairly confined areas. IMNSHO, massacres like this are rarely about despair, they're about power.

wannaBe Fri 14-Dec-12 21:22:22

but let's give every fucking tom dick and nutter aa gun because the americans should have the right to bear arms. angry angry angry frankly I don't actually give a stuff if these people are mentally ill (as I'm sure will be reported at some point) how many innocent lives is it going to take before something is done... oh, as many as it takes, because everyone in America should have the right to own a gun and to hell wiith the innocent people who have to pay the price for that, time and time and time again....

ZZZenAgain Fri 14-Dec-12 21:25:40

20 dc and 7 adults

Dreadful. SHoot ing kindergarten children, how could that happen?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now