foster children removed for being UKIP members

(103 Posts)
EdgarAllanPond Sat 24-Nov-12 09:21:25

story here

it seems there were no other reasons. placement otherwise working well.

InNeedOfBrandy Sat 24-Nov-12 11:29:15

Yes those stories are in exactly the same vain as ss making a decision that benefits the dc.

joanbyers Sat 24-Nov-12 11:29:49

InNeedOfBrandy, perhaps you should lay off the brandy. At least before noon.

InNeedOfBrandy Sat 24-Nov-12 11:30:15

Im not really sure what the old lady mugging comments meant soup

InNeedOfBrandy Sat 24-Nov-12 11:31:10

Maybe you should lay of the insults, it won't make your views come across any better.

joanbyers Sat 24-Nov-12 11:31:31

I would not be happy with my children being fostered by Rotherham Council full stop, given their execrable record on child protection. They've got quite some gall.

joanbyers Sat 24-Nov-12 11:39:50

You started off with the insults, InNeedOfBrandy.

Perhaps don't dish it out if you can't take it.

InNeedOfBrandy Sat 24-Nov-12 11:45:09

No I asked if you were a member since you were so quick to link a black member of ukip to show they aren't racist. No personal insults asking if you mug old lady's or to stop drinking. The way you are so defensive makes me think you at a member/vote/agree with these far right extreme groups and you haven't changed my mind with the few stories of white girls being attacked by different ethnicity's.

SminkoPinko Sat 24-Nov-12 11:46:43

I agree with you that Rotherham has had many problems in this area, JB. The evidence on that one is recent and clear. But this does not necessarily mean they are wrong here IF they have taken the decision on the particular circumstances of the case for these children and put their interests first. That is what they are supposed to do, after all, and what they failed to do for the teenagers in the cases you have cited.

flatpackhamster Sat 24-Nov-12 12:01:20

InNeedOfBrandy

No I asked if you were a member since you were so quick to link a black member of ukip to show they aren't racist. No personal insults asking if you mug old lady's or to stop drinking.

What joanbyers was doing here was pointing out that your reaction was an aggressive one. You were attempting to accuse her of being a member, and since your attitude towards UKIP is so negative, you were attempting to insult her. She was reciprocating.

You were using a loaded question along the lines of 'Whend did you stop beating your wife', which automatically implies wrongdoing.

UKIP are a legal political party. Their views are legal even if some extremists may not like the idea of a country which puts British people (of whatever colour) first.

The way you are so defensive makes me think you at a member/vote/agree with these far right extreme groups and you haven't changed my mind with the few stories of white girls being attacked by different ethnicity's.

Which far right extreme groups? If you think that UKIP is 'far right extreme' then I suggest you are so far round the left-wing bend you couldn't poke the centre with a long pole.

SminkoPinko

I agree with you that Rotherham has had many problems in this area, JB. The evidence on that one is recent and clear. But this does not necessarily mean they are wrong here IF they have taken the decision on the particular circumstances of the case for these children and put their interests first. That is what they are supposed to do, after all, and what they failed to do for the teenagers in the cases you have cited.

They are supposed to do that, yes. The contention here is that it is impossible for people who object to multiculturalism to adequately care for and love non-white children. It's a pignorant contention based upon a total ignorance of what multiculturalism really is.

Multiculturalism isn't everyone getting along snugly and in a lovely way and all being friends. Multiculturalism means everyone sticking to their own cultures and living in the same country. The old word for it was ghettoisation.

OneHandFlapping Sat 24-Nov-12 12:05:18

Being opposed to unlimited future immigration is NOT the same either being a) racist, or b) anti multi-culturalism.

joanbyers Sat 24-Nov-12 12:11:24

I don't think, SminkoPinko that this shows a positive change in Rotherham Council's attitudes They failed to act, over 16 years, despite warnings since 1996, and they specifically cited concerns about multiculturalism in not doing so.

As such, their attitudes in this area (viz. multiculturalism) are clearly highly suspect.

PieEyedAndLairy Sat 24-Nov-12 12:13:04

But they are anti multi-culturalism OneHandFlapping

According to the BBC news report:

One of UKIP's immigration policies is to "end the active promotion of the doctrine of multiculturalism by local and national government", and to leave the European Union (EU)

joanbyers Sat 24-Nov-12 12:16:50

I think you can distinguish between being opposed to the 'active promotion' of multiculturalism by local government, and being opposed to multiculturalism.

Clearly the 'active promotion of multiculturalism' in Rotherham has harmed children.

2old2beamum Russia Sat 24-Nov-12 12:35:55

I have no time for Rotherham SS they let our son down by leaving him with a mother who was incapable of looking after him. But I feel they have made the right decision in this case Feel it is similar of placing me (jewish) with the BNP

TheEnthusiasticTroll Sat 24-Nov-12 12:46:11

One hand flapping, there policy states "end support for multi cultural ism and promote one common uk culture" that's pretty much evident of anti multi culture

flatpackhamster Sat 24-Nov-12 12:47:16

PieEyedAndLairy

But they are anti multi-culturalism OneHandFlapping

According to the BBC news report:

One of UKIP's immigration policies is to "end the active promotion of the doctrine of multiculturalism by local and national government", and to leave the European Union (EU)

Good. Multiculturalism is a wicked, divisive policy which sets groups of cultures against one another. If you are from country B with culture B and live in country A, then you shouldn't expect to bring your culture and keep it unchanged in country A. That goes as much for English expats on the Costa del Crime as it does Somalian migrants in east London.

I agree with quick they didn't say you're no longer foster careers, they said those children are not right for you, yes mabe it was seven weeks late but they eventually made the right decision. They will probs still be foster careers in the future (if they sit down and shush up) hmm

alemci Sat 24-Nov-12 12:51:44

yes but the individual people who are fostering probably only think the concept of the UKIP is sensible not all the small print.

if they have a good fostering record and are caring, kind people isn't that the main thing?

You may have fosterers who are pro multi culturalism or say the right things and are not necessarily good foster parents.

also what is so bad about promoting a one common Uk culture anyway. don't think that much of multi culturalism anyway.

You make a sensible point about immigration pro hand clapping and you probably find people from ethnic minorities feel the same way about our open border policy of late.

SoupDragon Sat 24-Nov-12 12:58:13

Im not really sure what the old lady mugging comments meant soup

Actually, inneedofbrandy I was commenting on your need to reply to the mugging comment with the statement that you were white middle class.

mercibucket Sat 24-Nov-12 13:01:27

So long as they go after all the tory voters too. After all, who is it who goes on about targets, reducing immigration, sending back failed asylum seekers. Oh yes, that'd be the tory party.
It is a ridiculous decision and I hope they get pulled up on it
From those other links, something is going badly wrong in rotherham council/social services/policing

EdgarAllanPond Sat 24-Nov-12 13:04:22

and labour - who have also targetted immigration.

InNeedOfBrandy Sat 24-Nov-12 13:04:35

My statement about that was the way the mugging comment was wrote seemed to me that she assumed I wasn't white or I was of the underclass.

This thread has derailed it isn't about the immigration bullshit ukip sprout it's about SS making a decision based on the bullshit ukip sprout and why they feel these child immigrants should not be living with them. IMO it seems they gave these people a chance (7/8 weeks)and it was not working so removed dc in their interests. They are obviously not a match for strong believers against what these children are.

flatpackhamster Sat 24-Nov-12 13:05:06

MadameOneSword

I agree with quick they didn't say you're no longer foster careers, they said those children are not right for you, yes mabe it was seven weeks late but they eventually made the right decision. They will probs still be foster careers in the future (if they sit down and shush up) hmm

So it is, in your view, legitimate to discriminate against someone if you don't like their political views.

I wonder how many people here would feel the same way if it was their views which were being discriminated against. How about if we made a new law which said nobody who listens to Radio 4 and reads the Guardian can vote. That would bring us blessed relief from the pious hand-wringers who fill the airwaves with their ill-thought-out pseudo-leftist tripe.

alemci

You make a sensible point about immigration pro hand clapping and you probably find people from ethnic minorities feel the same way about our open border policy of late.

IIRC (and it's been a while since I read the survey) there was a survey which indicated non-white British people feel exactly the same about our unlimited immigration policy as white British people.

InNeedOfBrandy Sat 24-Nov-12 13:05:51

Oh and you don't need to be far left to disagree with racist anti anyone who isn't white british type of party.

flatpackhamster Sat 24-Nov-12 13:12:35

InNeedOfBrandy

Oh and you don't need to be far left to disagree with racist anti anyone who isn't white british type of party.

Oh, I agree. There are all sorts of extremist fellow-travellers who follow the far-leftists, along with a few people who are so blinkered and bigoted they're incapable of recognising reality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now