5 yr old girl "snatched" in Wales

(535 Posts)
mumblechum1 Tue 02-Oct-12 04:38:29

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19795761

Let's all keep our eyes peeled sad

Thats a brilliant idea Bigwitch my girls would probably enjoy martial arts, good excercise and learning to protect themselves at the same time!

If your thinking about martial arts try and find one with a lil dragons program as they do special badges where they do stranger danger, beat the bullies, fire safety, safety around water and how to call 999. Certainly they used to.

BigWitchLegsInWailyTights Wed 10-Oct-12 10:29:13

That sounds good....there's a local one which is a family one...DH was thinking about going with the DDs as you can then all train together. Seemed like a good bonding thing. I will google Lil Dragons thanks!

The main site is American but lots of UK martial arts clubs do it.

I've just looked on the Coventry one and they are still doing the things I said about.
I remember dd being told about going with people we know too.

MrsSalvoMontalbano Wed 10-Oct-12 10:55:55

Agree about the family passowrd. We have one.

Tryingtothinkofnewsnazzyname Wed 10-Oct-12 11:03:30

I like the password idea but as Greythorne says, it only really works above a certain age. My DS runs and tells someone anything we say is a 'secret' at the moment (it's quite sweet as he whispers to them that it's a secret, but still... ) There really is no easy way to deal with all this.

DuelingFanjo Wed 10-Oct-12 12:07:41

The BBC are saying "Mr Bridger, from Machynlleth, is also charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice. The latter charge refers to the unlawful disposal and concealment of a body."

so this is not to do with him trying to blame another person or head the police off in the wrong direction? Just that theybelieve he has hidden the body.

NanaNina Wed 10-Oct-12 12:18:21

This has been discussed and clarified up thread DF

scaevola Wed 10-Oct-12 12:49:42

According to the BBC, MB has now appeared in Crown Court by video link and has been remanded in custody. Next appearance is 11 January for plea and case management hearing.

Sadly, still no news in the search for April.

DuelingFanjo Wed 10-Oct-12 12:57:15

Ah right - I wasn't sure it had been clarified. Just pointing out that now he has appeared in court (via link) the charges are more clear so there is no confusion between the google and legal definitions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now