Best tumble dryer? Please help

(8 Posts)
paddingtonpear Wed 08-Jul-15 13:19:19

I am looking for a good tumble dryer. I want one that will actually dry things (after bad experience with Siemens WT46W381GB Heat Pump Condenser Tumble Dryer, here).

We hang up most of our laundry but I want a tumbledryer for giving a quick blast to washing that's been hanging in the garden all day so it's dry enough to put straight away, for when we have heaps of laundry (eg if someone’s ill or we've been away), and for duvets and pillows.

The dryer will go against an outdoor wall so we could have either a condensing dryer or one that's vented to the outside. I am not too bothered about a fancy one or it being energy efficient since we hang up most stuff anyway, I just want it to dry really well!

Thanks!

rabbit123 Wed 08-Jul-15 15:16:21

We bought a Miele condenser dryer to match our washer & dishwasher. It is very good, but the bog standard vented Indesit we had before it was better. Dried quicker, was quieter and less than half the price. It would do a full load of towels in an hour, the Miele takes nearly 2.

ao.com/product/IDV75-Indesit-Vented-Tumble-Dryer-White-15791.aspx

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 08-Jul-15 15:23:20

I have a Miele but it's a really fast drier, get the job done in about 40 mins for a full load. And its smoothing option is fantastic - no more ironing!

paddingtonpear Wed 08-Jul-15 16:50:43

Thanks both. I like the look of the Mieles but this Siemens one has put me off anything fancy.

BeautifulBatman Wed 08-Jul-15 16:55:36

Whatever you do, if you want quick drying, you must get vented. So much better and quicker. I had a hotpoint for years.

BoreOfWhabylon Wed 08-Jul-15 16:58:48

I've got an Electrolux condensing one at the moment that works fine but I much preferred my old White Night vented one. Worked well, no frills, cheap as chips. Had to get rid of it when moved as no convenient outside wall for vent.

Missingsleepandthecat Wed 08-Jul-15 17:09:56

I'd go down the route of a basic vented Indesit or White Knight or Beko if I were you, I have a Siemens and its not too great.

paddingtonpear Wed 08-Jul-15 22:39:39

Thanks all. Shop says they'll swap it for a condensing Siemens as they're very good ... but they said that about the heat exchange Siemens! Will try to stick to my guns for vented now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now