Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Little Greene fans, please help me with neutrals!

(8 Posts)
Bue Thu 28-Mar-13 18:55:13

We are moving into a new house and I need some help choosing an LG colour for the hallways and reception rooms. Living room is south facing and kitchen-dining room is east facing - lots of light in both. Since the rooms open onto each other I want to carry the same colour through. Am using the advice not to "fight the eastern light" so would like something with blue/green undertones or very neutral.

I was set on Pearl light but having looked at a sample board in store I now wonder if it is too strong for my liking. I am also drawn to Gauze light (a grey-blue) and Slaked Lime - possibly mid with trim in light. If I did Slaked Lime I'd carry it through the hallways too, I think. Or would this be too boring?!

I plan to get some tester pots before deciding. Any help much appreciated!

KenDoddsDadsDog Chile Thu 28-Mar-13 22:03:00

Pearl light is very light indeed , but lovely. I also have clay .

Bue Fri 29-Mar-13 15:56:56

Thanks Ken. Think I'll try them both and see what I think.

Swimbikerun Fri 29-Mar-13 18:18:06

We are looking at welcome which is very similar to gauze. I need to put bits of paper on walls to see what it looks like? The darker versions of colours are quite strong though, so i am tempted to go for the very light ones. After a while all the colours look the same to me (no help sorry). I bet they all look lovely on walls. Now if I could find the paint discounted I could look at hall/stairs/landing! Think it will be Dulux trade white for the rest of the house.

ggirl Sat 30-Mar-13 09:39:18

I have just had my lounge diner painted in starlings nest , loads of natural light , big room . It is absolutely gorgeous. A pale duck egg chalky colour.

Initially I was going to go for echo but when large sample was painted on the walls it was too dark/grey for me.I had the walls painted white first.

weakestlink Sat 30-Mar-13 18:52:25

I have Pearl light in my utility room and I love it! I also like Rolling Fog and Welcome. I like the light tones too smile

Bue Thu 04-Apr-13 18:26:43

Thanks so much for all the suggestions. I'm now torn between Pearl and Starling's Egg (gorgeous!) for the east facing kitchen-diner and Rusling, a pinky white, for the south facing living room, to bring it in a warmer feel.

adanac85 Wed 08-May-13 14:27:14

OOh - how pinky is rusling? I'm looking to continue my off0-white veering to the pinky tone for my hallway and stairs. Ideally I want something that will really reflect the light so LG seems like a good option.

What other neutrals have an undertone of pink(ish), or at least not yellowish/blueish and greenish?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now