Anyone have Ikea Poang chair with fabric cover?

(11 Posts)
thebestpossibletaste Sat 09-Mar-13 23:50:38

Never mind smile Think we are going to go to Ikea on Monday or Tuesday and try sitting in one.

podmumlet Sat 09-Mar-13 22:41:36

Ah oops. Bit far - London based. :-/

thebestpossibletaste Sat 09-Mar-13 19:48:05

Thanks podmum, I'm in North Yorkshire, whereabouts are you?

podmumlet Sat 09-Mar-13 17:19:24

We have one in fabric with the headrest attached with straps and the matching footstool that I am about to eBay/Gumtree if you are interested?

Haven't noticed any crinkling noises smile

thebestpossibletaste Thu 07-Mar-13 15:13:03

Maybe it's just the leather ones that are noisy? It was the velcro that made a noise every time you adjusted your position.

megandraper Thu 07-Mar-13 13:32:43

We have two of them. They are attached with Velcro, but don't make noises, I don't think. One squeaks a bit (the wooden rockers are causing that) when I rock in it, but I quite like that.

MinnesotaNice Thu 07-Mar-13 13:28:30

We just bought this chair about 2 weeks ago and I really like it! Ours is with the fabric cover and there is a strip of velcro on the middle rail along the back. The only time I noticed any noise was the first time I sat in it. After that the fabric kind of settled into place and doesn't move. I sit in it pretty much everyday and think it's really comfortable.

thebestpossibletaste Thu 07-Mar-13 13:22:56

Thanks. The only place I can put an extra chair would be in the bay window and a solid armchair would swallow too much light, I hope having something like Poang would work better.

I've had a look at the Ikea website but it's not obvious how this is attached. It's quite a drive to our nearest Ikea and I don't need anything else there so don't want to go just to check this out if I can help it.

MedicPeso Thu 07-Mar-13 12:49:18

Oops, I have the normal version, not the rocking chair version.

It's not that small a chair though.

MedicPeso Thu 07-Mar-13 12:48:16

I have one - the headrest is attached by little leather straps to a bar at the back if the chair. No Velcro as far as I'm aware. HTH.

thebestpossibletaste Thu 07-Mar-13 12:34:49

We used to have this with a leather cover and it drove us mad that because the headrest was attached with velcro, it made an awful noise when you moved whilst sat in the chair, leaning on the headrest. In the end we gave the chair to a friend.

However, we have only an armchair and 3 seater sofa and not really room for anything big in our living room so are considering a small additional chair and I wondered if the fabric covered Poang chair (in particular the rocking chair version) has also the headrest/cover attached with velcro?

has anyone got one and has noticed this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now