Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

New bathroom tiles too bright

(9 Posts)
shufflebum Thu 28-Feb-13 22:54:55

I could cry!
DH and I were in London with ds2 in hospital and my lovely inlaws have tiled our bathroom for us.
The tiling is fab but I hate the tiles! I chose them but hadn't really had a chance to properly look at them and had I been there I would have stopped them after the first few were up.
Theyre these ones in a random pattern

http://www.tonsoftiles.co.uk/artisan-laura-ashley-c-101.html
The colours look lovely and muted on the website but they're actually bright and shiny. Apart from accessories etc is there anything I can do to tone them down?!!

shufflebum Thu 28-Feb-13 22:55:28
steppemum Netherlands Thu 28-Feb-13 23:03:44

they look lovely on the website!

i would think about white accessories? (or cream, not sure what the palest colour is)
Would that work? Everything pale cream/white with colour on tiles/

is the grout white?

maybe you could change the grout colour to a darker colour?

dark wood accessories ie bathroom cabinet, toilet roll holder, towel rail etc

matt shower curtain?

basically anything which will absorb the reflected light.

are all the walls tiled? could you paint the ceiling with matt paint, or the walls which aren't tiled?

use eggshell paint on the woodwork?

shufflebum Thu 28-Feb-13 23:29:59

Grout is grey, cabinet is grey with a marble top, only thing left is the paint. Will try and put a pic on my profile.

shufflebum Thu 28-Feb-13 23:36:23

Argh I can't as on iPhone will do it tomorrow from
laptop.

WafflyVersatile Thu 28-Feb-13 23:43:26

It's hard to imagine grey tiles being too bright... you'd HATE my bathroom.

Maybe in a few days you will be inured to them.

jaynebxl Sat 02-Mar-13 07:36:30

Which tiles are they? That link took me to a slideshow of tiles.

WafflyVersatile Sat 02-Mar-13 23:43:37

Its a mix of the tiles shown.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now