help! curtains look too heavy...

(12 Posts)
nickelbabe Mon 25-Feb-13 20:01:35

yup they'd be fine.
the net pole will screw into the wall so they're inside the window recess.
if you have wooden windows you can screw them strsight into the frame.

Dragonball Mon 25-Feb-13 17:38:17
Dragonball Mon 25-Feb-13 17:36:56

OK, so as I'm completely clueless about curtains, please could you advise on the type voile I should get - should it be pencil pleated if the main curtains are? or thinking maybe eyelets - or would that be strange if they were different from the curtains? And whereabouts should the net pole sit?
thanks for all your help! I can post a pic if that helps?

nickelbabe Mon 25-Feb-13 16:12:47

you could use a net curtain wire if you're using voile

nickelbabe Mon 25-Feb-13 16:12:07

you could just not close them, and tie them back with a posh metal tie.

Dragonball Mon 25-Feb-13 16:09:06

Great ideas, thanks for the replies... Thinking of putting those pretty cable and cotton ball lights hanging down one side as no room for table in front - and yes, no real need to draw them - but now still keen to get in some floaty ones behind... Would that work? And do I need to put in another pole?

could you paint the wall above the doors a contrasting colour so that you get a nice line of colour above the blue?

maybe buy some thick ribbon and some wundawebb and iron the ribbon down one side of the curtain to create an edge?

put a small decorative table in front and to one side of the curtain with a vase with colourful flowers or a large plant?

add some warm colours. blue, grey and white are all cool colours.

maybe change the curtain pole, add tie backs, a pelmet?

why close the curtains if you don't need to now the craft has been sorted?

you could cut a bit off the bottom wink

Dragonball Mon 25-Feb-13 14:13:01

None- unfortunately

SarkyPants Mon 25-Feb-13 12:58:52

is there another room where they would work?

Dragonball Mon 25-Feb-13 11:56:02

PS. Kitchen is all white with wood worktops and grey slate-like flooring.

Dragonball Mon 25-Feb-13 11:55:29

hi - we have recently moved into a three-bed vic terrace with a nice-sized kitchen at the back with french windows along the back and side (over 2.5m in length)- so a lot of window. ANyway, we had some lovely curtains made - a beautiful blue - thick material with thermal lining as the windows are quite drafty - which I do love, but once they are closed, it creates a 'sea' of blue, which looks quite ridiculous to me (maybe I'm not used to them yet). Anyway, they were £700 - so can't really take them down and start again - although I'd like to put up some lovely floaty voile curtains to create a lighter, prettier look. Also, my husband has just cured our drafty doors, so we don't even need the heavier curtains so much anymore. What would you do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now