Nice, bright, unisex children's bedding

(21 Posts)
Startail Sat 16-Feb-13 21:18:00

Yes Argos and BHS both have bright unisex stripes, stars and spots.

If you have a BHS home near you they are always worth a look.

DDs both have BHS quilt covers which wash very well.

sausagesandwich34 Sat 16-Feb-13 21:14:42

Sorry gritted -I'm on my phone so links don't work usually sad

wonkylegs Sat 16-Feb-13 21:13:29

I know the John Lewis stuff isn't cheap but I bought DSs nearly 5 yrs ago and it still looks brand new. I've got this one
m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-dinosaur-bedding-range-/p196434?un_jtt_v_pdp=yes
He's also got a ABC/123 set which they don't seem to do anymore.
Brilliant quality, washes well & all nice bright colours which are generic enough to be unisex (although the do also do boy/girl ranges )

sausage My link is for Argos, when I was looking for toddler bedding everywhere I looks was so expensive, but Argos had the duvet I linked in toddler size for £9.99! I got 2 sets and a silent night duvet and pillow set for £35 and they're still going strong 6 months later. Bargain!

sausagesandwich34 Sat 16-Feb-13 21:00:58

Have you looked at Argos?
I find its great for dc's bedding -bright and cheerful and cheap grin

PoppyWearer Sat 16-Feb-13 20:54:36

I've got the Ikea bunting set for my DC2 (18mo) Vitaminer something? Lovely and bright, washes well, fits standard single duvet.

The other bedding I rate for the DCs is Cath Kidston and Feather & Black. For Cath Kidston, check out eBay, as the website doesn't always have everything, ditto Ikea.

We use this for DS room, I think its fairly unisex.

MustafaCake Sat 16-Feb-13 20:50:50

Something like this from the linen store?
www.linenstore.co.uk/Splatter-and-Splodge-Brushed-Cotton-Bedding
Your DD could have the bright version and DS could have the purple one.

Or try Feather and Black, something like
www.featherandblack.com/clearance/kids-linen/apples-linen
www.featherandblack.com/childrens/bed-linen/girls-bed-linen/girls-multi-strip-bed-linen-set

happyjustobeme Sat 16-Feb-13 12:55:41

Have you tried Dunelm? Though i think the linen store link above will give you more choice than anywhere else.

minicc Sat 16-Feb-13 11:01:42

Have just seen achica have Emma Bridgwater spot duvets on there reduced. You have to register to see it but they are lovely!

Dancingqueen17 Sat 16-Feb-13 07:34:54

Go careful with ikea bedding, some good but some needs hours of ironing to look half decent! I speak from experience! (Same goes for laura Ashley and cath kidston)

Mummydoctor Sat 16-Feb-13 07:20:21

I have found this website great for funky bedding and loads of choice www.linenstore.co.uk/

minicc Sat 16-Feb-13 07:09:54

Thanks Curly, good to know a normal one fits in ikea covers! Saves me a trip!

minicc Sat 16-Feb-13 07:08:39

Ooops sorry I've just realised its only cot stuff- that's why you can't find it. Next have lots of plain sets you could use and then use bunting or cushions to make it a bit more little person friendly?

Asda do bright multicoloured bedding

We use normal size quilts in ours. The covers are a teeny bit big but they're fine

Ikea. Bright, unisex, cotton, cheap!

SparkyToo Fri 15-Feb-13 19:44:26

How about either multi-coloured children's duvet sets or yellow duvet covers as bright and cheery and not just blue or pink. Only thing is you would need to find curtains that would coordinate, rather than match exactly as they don't have matching curtains.

DefiniteMaybe Fri 15-Feb-13 18:58:15

Do you have a link to the jojo maman bebe stuff please I can't find it on my phone.
I'm not keen on any of the ikea ones really.

minicc Fri 15-Feb-13 16:57:03

Jojo maman bebe have a rainbow range, or ikea usually do good unisex stuff (although you have to buy the ikea quilts for them to fit).

DefiniteMaybe Fri 15-Feb-13 16:52:51

I'll be moving dd into ds bedroom soon and would like to redecorate to make it their bedroom rather than his bedroom.
I've looked online but everything seems to be pink or blue. I'd prefer to have matching bedding and curtains and don't really want to spend a fortune. Ds is 4 dd is 18 months. Does anyone have any ideas where I could look?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now