Opinions please ladies :)

(5 Posts)
Maebe Mon 04-Feb-13 13:32:46

I'm a bit shock at £38 for a candle, tbh. But then I don't like candles. But it really depends how much money you have in the first place.

pixi2 Mon 04-Feb-13 13:23:04

It entirely depends upon your income in the first place. To some its just £38. To some others that could be most of their weekly shop. So, is it just a bit of change or a significant amount of money to you?

WildRumpus Mon 04-Feb-13 13:13:01

Jo Malone ones are lovely and I would be thrilled to receive one but could never bring myself to part with that much money for one. If I'm buying them for myself I might spend £5 or £6 (have a Jasmine fragranced candle on my dressing table that cost about that and a sandalwood one in the living room which was only £4) but if I were buying it as s gift I might go up to £15. The White company does a good selection.

ellangirl Mon 04-Feb-13 13:06:49

I'm afraid I'm with your dh grin. Having said that, it is for a present, and a special treat.
I like the smell of Yankee candles, tho they're not exactly boutique chic. They are a lot cheaper.

kirstys23 Mon 04-Feb-13 12:07:08

Afternoon all smile

What do you all think is a justifiable price for a candle? I love scented candles and kindly requested a Jo Malone one for Valentines day from the OH, but he thinks that £38 is a waste of money for a candle sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now