Opinions please ladies :)

(5 Posts)
kirstys23 Mon 04-Feb-13 12:07:08

Afternoon all smile

What do you all think is a justifiable price for a candle? I love scented candles and kindly requested a Jo Malone one for Valentines day from the OH, but he thinks that £38 is a waste of money for a candle sad

ellangirl Mon 04-Feb-13 13:06:49

I'm afraid I'm with your dh grin. Having said that, it is for a present, and a special treat.
I like the smell of Yankee candles, tho they're not exactly boutique chic. They are a lot cheaper.

WildRumpus Mon 04-Feb-13 13:13:01

Jo Malone ones are lovely and I would be thrilled to receive one but could never bring myself to part with that much money for one. If I'm buying them for myself I might spend £5 or £6 (have a Jasmine fragranced candle on my dressing table that cost about that and a sandalwood one in the living room which was only £4) but if I were buying it as s gift I might go up to £15. The White company does a good selection.

pixi2 Mon 04-Feb-13 13:23:04

It entirely depends upon your income in the first place. To some its just £38. To some others that could be most of their weekly shop. So, is it just a bit of change or a significant amount of money to you?

Maebe Mon 04-Feb-13 13:32:46

I'm a bit shock at £38 for a candle, tbh. But then I don't like candles. But it really depends how much money you have in the first place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now