Which colour tiles for my kitchen?

(7 Posts)
benlinus Fri 17-May-13 09:13:45

I would go with glass tiles, pick something with a grey coloring or even clear would look great. The grey would make your stainless steel appliances look great. Have a look on new style tiles. its a best option for you.

mathanxiety Sun 03-Feb-13 06:19:57

Dark red/burgundy for any dark/recessed corners and maybe sage elsewhere -- a long stretch of wall.

Cream tiles. That way you can change wall colour easily if you tire of what you choose.

AlwaysReadyForABlether Fri 01-Feb-13 22:17:20

Thanks Chippychop I have one of each tile sitting in my kitchen just now. But I still keep changing my mind!

Chippychop Fri 01-Feb-13 09:52:08

I have red as an accent in my kitchen but not brave enough to commit to it as tiles I'd opt for cream tiles and coloured walls them you have a choice to change it. Why not buy one tile of each to test it?

scarlettsmummy2 Wed 30-Jan-13 20:22:40

I would go cream tiles. That way you can change the wall colour to whatever you like.

amazingmumof6 Wed 30-Jan-13 20:21:11

go for red. goes with anything, gives a bit of energy and "fizz" (yes, it is my favourite colour!)

AlwaysReadyForABlether Tue 29-Jan-13 21:39:24

I am getting my kitchen re-tiled but I'm keeping the existing units and worktop.
The units are light oak and the worktop is mottled beige, sage, cream and grey.
I am going for brick style tiles but can't decide which colour. Should I go for sage green and then paint the walls cream. Or the other way about - cream tiles and sage walls?
Any thoughts?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now