Making eyelet curtains?

(9 Posts)
DisappointedHorse Tue 08-Jan-13 19:21:14

As Mum2Fergus says.

If its hard to imagine take a look at this series of tutorials. They're really short and clear.

m.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=-nLBNGtlrq8#/watch?feature=relmfu&v=-nLBNGtlrq8

Mum2Fergus Tue 08-Jan-13 17:08:41

Exactly Zola...whwn Ive done mine previously, I put both 'right' sides together, sew 3 edges, then turn rightway out. It makes for a nice neat finish.

ZolaBuddleia Tue 08-Jan-13 10:39:44

Thanks everyone, glad to hear it's not too scary! I have blackout linings, would I just lay those behind the curtain fabric when I'm sewing (ie so I'm sewing through two fabrics, not one, IYSWIM)?

Mum2Fergus Sun 06-Jan-13 22:06:35

Im going to have a go...looks relatively straightforward. The track comes precorded and can be cut to size smile

DisappointedHorse Sun 06-Jan-13 21:55:17

Are you using a roman blind kit? I want to do some for my hall and landing but they look scary.

Mum2Fergus Sun 06-Jan-13 21:29:05

Oooh I was looking at Terrys just today! Having a go at Roman blinds for our bedroom in new house...we'll have 2 windows, not huge, and too close together for set of curtains on each.

How do you make a Roman blind? Poke him in the eye...boom boom!

DisappointedHorse Sun 06-Jan-13 21:19:08

I did eyelets the first time I ever made curtains. It's really easy.

Sew the curtain as you would normally. Instead of normal track header tape sew on eyelet tape (They come with instructions on spacing) Cut out fabric between the eyelets, snap on covers, job done.

I found Terry's Fabrics the cheapest place by the way.

Mum2Fergus Sun 06-Jan-13 21:14:53

Depends how handy you are I guess...Ive made 3 sets using kit bought from Dunelm Mill.

ZolaBuddleia Sat 05-Jan-13 12:02:55

Don't like track curtains very much, and have found some gorgeous material that I'd like to use to make my own.

Have you done it? Is it a nightmare?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now