Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

What colour curtains?

(5 Posts)
moodychops Fri 04-Jan-13 14:03:27

Yep, have ordered black out cotton lining, thanks.

beckslovestimmy Fri 04-Jan-13 13:04:19

What not line them with a black out fabric, it's cheap to buy. Or put up black out roller blinds up. Ours is cream and is really good for when me or DH are on nights? X

moodychops Fri 04-Jan-13 12:48:28

Thanks so much, I am going with truffle silk from Laura Ashley - half price!

liftthatup Thu 03-Jan-13 18:27:14

I think you need a deep colour to block light. Given your existing colours a raspberry or cranberry colour could work. Iirc Laura Ashley have one with blossom on a rasp background. They have sale on too- I think. Grey good with raspberry, browns, sagey green too?

moodychops Thu 03-Jan-13 16:51:38

I'm going to attempt to make some curtains for our bedroom but not sure what colour fabric to choose. I've never really understood which colours can/can't go together and I don't want to choose anything that will clash with the rest of the room. The carpet is cream, as are three of the walls - the focus wall is raspberry. Our bedset is cream and light brown.

We need a colour which will block out a lot of light due to shift work. Please help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now