Please come show off your poncetastically homemade Christmas gifts and decorations. And/or your child's Xmas crafty efforts

(70 Posts)
HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 19-Nov-12 12:54:37

Hello.

Have you been doing any poncetastic prep for Christmas?

Do please post up some pics of your homemade decorations and/or homemade gifts for us all to gawp at.

Or, if your child has brought home (or made at home) any brilliant/endearingly wonky Xmas crafts, do take a snap and post them up too.

<throws glitter EVERYWHERE>

PoppyAmex Mon 19-Nov-12 19:58:18

peer that is very cool!

stealthsquiggle Mon 19-Nov-12 21:12:28

Cheating, because it is from last Christmas (need inspiration for this year still..)

Mini Christmas Cakes for teachers

stealthsquiggle Mon 19-Nov-12 21:14:09

confused not sure if that worked or not...it seemed to work on preview

stealthsquiggle Mon 19-Nov-12 21:48:36

[sullk]

photo posts won't play.

here they are

(not the point of the thread, I realise..)

JugglingWithPossibilities Mon 19-Nov-12 22:26:27

still cute though smile

beingagoodmumishard Mon 19-Nov-12 22:44:53

this is an advent calendar I made last year. Currently trying to think of things to fill it with for this year.

I am meant to be sewing some Christmas tree decorations this year, but as I haven't actually started them I won't be posting pictures any time soon grin

garlicbaguette Mon 19-Nov-12 23:19:34

Stealth, your mini cakes are gorgeous!

stealthsquiggle Mon 19-Nov-12 23:27:41

blush Thank you, garlic. Previous years' have been more tasteful but the penguins were my favourite, especially the one for DD's guitar teacher (he didn't make the group photo)

garlicbaguette Mon 19-Nov-12 23:46:26

Love him! You ARE clever!

Some little coin purses I've made, to be given to friends, prob with a gift card inside.

Some pillowcases - I'm doing several, these are for my aunty.

Trying again with the pillowcases. Hmm.

Ruffled shopping bag, made with a basic canvas tote which I then sewed simple ruffled strips onto. Very easy to make.

leavesarefalling Tue 20-Nov-12 09:26:57

Talented Scuttlebutter !

lia66 Tue 20-Nov-12 12:07:48

how do we post pics to the comment then please?

lia66 Tue 20-Nov-12 12:08:06

oh ignore me, just noticed. blush

Xroads Tue 20-Nov-12 13:01:09

I've just started making floral stuff to sell at christmas craft fayres and this is my favourite most poncetastic one so far grin

Ahardyfool Tue 20-Nov-12 13:10:06

We are making all our decorations this coming weeekend. Last weekend we traipsed round every craft shop and music shop in the vicinity.

We wanted nice sheet music. For baubles - papier mache.

Do you want a pic of me going demented, because only my imaginary self does craft. The real me gets conned every year by imaginary me.

FlyOverTheMistletoe Tue 20-Nov-12 13:21:52

Ahardyfool grin try doing the vodkas - much easier ! At the minute I'm making an elf and he will be on a zipwire some where smile

I'm making ds a stocking advent calendar. This is one of the hopefully 24 identical stockings I've knitted. I'm over half way there and determined to have it all finished by 1st December!

I also have 3 bottles of vodka brewing! Blackjack, fruit salad and mars bar! And I'm planning on making my own wreath nearer the time!

Check me!

Yay it worked!

Xroads Tue 20-Nov-12 13:48:35

How did you make yours work?

The photo or the vodka?

Xroads Tue 20-Nov-12 13:54:08

both wink

Ahardyfool Tue 20-Nov-12 13:55:34

I have some bottles ready for the vodka ;)

I did make monogrammed santa sacks a couple of years ago. I'd just had DD that summer and had gone all homey homespun. However, I think the whole world has now we are all poverty stricken and in recession. I'm not sure what to make of it.

I did briefly consider housing a Turkey in the garden for xmas 2013, and growing all my own veg for xmas dinner but that was in a REALLY carried away moment.

I wish I could knit and do sewy things. Very well done everyone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now